Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best scam you ever heard of?

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Someone I know has been caught 3 times with this scam.

He's stumbling home from the nightclub in New York and a fear gorm comes up offering cocaine, a bit stupid but my friend never refuses drugs when he's drunk so he says go on sure and hands over $50 after being shown the little bag and feeling it. Gets the bag, goes back to the hotel to open it up and finds crunched up toilet paper! It's crazy how a bag of toiler paper feels like coke to the touch.

So he's in Vegas falling home along the strip and another fear gorm offers him coke. So he hands over $50 again, the bag is handed over but he's a bit perplexed when the seller legs it down the road. So he runs after him and manages to catch up with him but the guy seemed cool so he thought nothing of it. Back to the hotel, toilet paper again.

Then in London about 2 years ago outside the Sheperds Bush Walkabout another fear gorm comes up offering coke. My friend tells him the story of the previous 2 times when he was scammed with toilet paper, the seller says that's shocking but his stuff is great ****. Hands over £30, open it in the jackz, toilet paper again!

I don't know how the London guy kept a straight face when he was told the story but he made an easy £30.
    Seachain na fear gorm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

He's stumbling home from the nightclub in New York and a fear gorm comes up offering cocaine, a bit stupid but my friend never refuses drugs when he's drunk so he says go on sure and hands over $50 after being shown the little bag and feeling it. Gets the bag, goes back to the hotel to open it up and finds crunched up toilet paper! It's crazy how a bag of toiler paper feels like coke to the touch.

So he's in Vegas falling home along the strip and another fear gorm offers him coke. So he hands over $50 again, the bag is handed over but he's a bit perplexed when the seller legs it down the road. So he runs after him and manages to catch up with him but the guy seemed cool so he thought nothing of it. Back to the hotel, toilet paper again.

Then in London about 2 years ago outside the Sheperds Bush Walkabout another fear gorm comes up offering coke. My friend tells him the story of the previous 2 times when he was scammed with toilet paper, the seller says that's shocking but his stuff is great ****. Hands over £30, open it in the jackz, toilet paper again!

I don't know how the London guy kept a straight face when he was told the story but he made an easy £30.
    You might fall for this once if you were a complete eejet but THREE times? Is your friend a bit slow? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    You might fall for this once if you were a complete eejet but THREE times? Is your friend a bit slow? :p
    Always buy your coke from an ese

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It would make you feel blue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Think_then_talk

Man in America who received a promotional cheque in the post as part of an advertising campaign. He lodged it into his bank as a joke and they cleared it! http://tinyurl.com/abkvx9a:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

The Irish Government.

</thread>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Your friend bought coke from all three members of the blue man group?

Ya think he woulda known they were up to something. Shifty looking blue bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭efc67

Remember sitting in a pub in Liverpool, when 2 men walked in with a fruit machine on a trolley, said to barmaid they were changing machines.....used to be common practice as pub was owned by brewery ....................they replaced old machine with new one, plugged it in everything worked....got barmaid to sign docket book and off they went with old machine.......................The new one turned out to be empty when played later on that day, the 2 guys would have emptied the machine that they took away, and done the same scam on another pub using that machine...........Remember reading in the paper a few days later that they done about 15 pubs in a matter of days

Advertisement