Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3mb Home Plus -Connecting at 1mb

Options
  • 25-11-2012 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

My parents have been on the 3mb home plus package for a few years now with relatively few problems from what I gather. However, I have recently returned from overseas and they mentioned that it had been running very slowly lately.

I had a look and noticed that the service is only connecting at 1mb despite the fact we are paying for the 3mb package. I have directly connected the modem and computer to the master socket with all phones etc disconnected, but to no avail. Is there a possibility the line was downgraded? Would appreciate if an eircom rep could provide some information or a resolution. Or if anyone else has any suggestions it would be much appreciated also.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi there,

My parents have been on the 3mb home plus package for a few years now with relatively few problems from what I gather. However, I have recently returned from overseas and they mentioned that it had been running very slowly lately.

I had a look and noticed that the service is only connecting at 1mb despite the fact we are paying for the 3mb package. I have directly connected the modem and computer to the master socket with all phones etc disconnected, but to no avail. Is there a possibility the line was downgraded? Would appreciate if an eircom rep could provide some information or a resolution. Or if anyone else has any suggestions it would be much appreciated also.

Cheers

Hi cutcopypaste
    we can crtainly have this tested for you and should be able to help. Could you PM me the a/c and tel number?
    Thanks
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cutcopypaste

Hi Tony,

I posted about this in the eircom support board aswell just to cover my bases. Everything all sorted now.

Cheers

Advertisement