Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Captain

• 25-11-2012 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭

Gonna give RVP one more chance

Gameweek 14 captain 112 votes

RVP HOME West Ham
    0% 0 votes
    Fletcher HOME QPR
    63% 71 votes
    Hazard HOME Fulham
    2% 3 votes
    Baines HOME Arsenal
    3% 4 votes
    Carzola AWAY Everton
    0% 1 vote
    Crouch HOME Newcastle
    1% 2 votes
    BA AWAY Stoke
    1% 2 votes
    Michu HOME West Brom
    0% 1 vote
    Bale HOME Liverpool
    0% 0 votes
    Suarez AWAY Tottenham
    1% 2 votes
    Tevez AWAY Wigan
    3% 4 votes
    Mata HOME Fulham
    14% 16 votes
    Berbatov AWAY Chelsea
    3% 4 votes
    OTHER
    1% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Everyone pile on VAN PERSIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Or Jordi Gomez, whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

RVP again; may God have mercy on all our souls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Tough one for me, as a Spurs fan I can't give it to Suarez, Berba and Giroud have tough Fixtures.
    May have to give it to a midfielder, Mata home to Fulham, even Rafael home to west ham are in contention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

as a Spurs fan I can't give it to Suarez,
    :confused::confused:
    Why not?? You can't let your support for a particular team interfere with you FPL choices. Thats just crazy if you take the game in any was seroiusly.

Hypothetical situation;
    Last day of the season. You're joint top of your private league with €700 going to the winner. Your Spurs team with nothing to play for are away against Man United who need a win to guarantee them the title. You have an on fire RVP in your team but you can't captain him because he's playing against your team.............??????? You lose the €700 because of an RVP hattrick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

G1032 wrote: »
    :confused::confused:
    Why not?? You can't let your support for a particular team interfere with you FPL choices. Thats just crazy if you take the game in any was seroiusly.

Hypothetical situation;
    Last day of the season. You're joint top of your private league with €700 going to the winner. Your Spurs team with nothing to play for are away against Man United who need a win to guarantee them the title. You have an on fire RVP in your team but you can't captain him because he's playing against your team.............??????? You lose the €700 because of an RVP hattrick.

All true, at this stage of the season however I'm not prepared to cheer a guy on scoring against the team I've supported for 30 years, I don't see it as a big thing, whoever gets my armband will be in a position to potentially score big points, Suarez might score on wednesday but I don't see him running riot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

RVP bandwagon \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Anyone thinking rvp will be rested probably a good chance to give him a rest before the city game.Have rvp and aguero theres a chance both mightnt start am I mad to be considering bringing in hernandez as my 3rd striker just for this gw and making him capt.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Anyone thinking rvp will be rested probably a good chance to give him a rest before the city game.Have rvp and aguero theres a chance both mightnt start am I mad to be considering bringing in hernandez as my 3rd striker just for this gw and making him capt.
    The simple answer is yes you are mad!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

I just swapped him out for Fletcher so i think its me thats mad.

Steel Dog wrote: »
    original plan it is so Fletcher in. Capt more than likely rvp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Steel Dog wrote: »
    original plan it is so Fletcher in. Capt more than likely rvp

Cue a hat-trick from Hernandez. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

For me it is between Hazard and Crouch at this moment.
    I won't captain Suarez, with my luck it is 10 points minimum...
    I'll let you know who i choose, so you will know who will not score more than 2 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

wonski wrote: »
    For me it is between Hazard and Crouch at this moment.
    I won't captain Suarez, with my luck it is 10 points minimum...
    I'll let you know who i choose, so you will know who will not score more than 2 points.

Crouch is never a captain choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

rvp c and mata as vc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Rvp along with all the Senior United players should be rested against Cluj next week in CL before the the city game .

See no reason to rest them now except maybe Rafael who has played a lot lately .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

RVP to rested now or on Saturday?

it's him or Tevez for me this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I've gone with Tevez this week, so you can all rest safe in knowing that now he no longer has the armband in my team RVP is going to score a hat-trick:rolleyes:

Unless i bottle it last minute tomorrow evening and switch it back, in which case we are all screwed!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

I've gone with Tevez this week, so you can all rest safe in knowing that now he no longer has the armband in my team RVP is going to score a hat-trick:rolleyes:

Unless i bottle it late Friday evening and switch it back, in which case we are all screwed!:pac:

GW 14 is tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

BroLo wrote: »
    GW 14 is tomorrow?

Sorry thats what i meant! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

SlickRic wrote: »
    RVP to rested now or on Saturday?

it's him or Tevez for me this week.

Neither. He will play both and sit out the CL game. May be substituted early-ish in either game if Man U are winning easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Benimar wrote: »
    Neither. He will play both and sit out the CL game. May be substituted early-ish in either game if Man U are winning easily.

Agreed, United will field a weak team again in the CL, they have already won the Group and don't care if they lose games.

Fergie has his eye on getting the PL title back this year, and after games like Norwich and going behind against QPR, he'll look to 'hammer' West Ham tomorrow. Full strength squad imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

^ Agreed, with two consecutive poor outings and the decent enough form of West Ham I don't think he'll be resting players. Though whether Hernandez has done enough to get into the first XI and who he'd replace is another matter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Mata for me, two reasons, firstly I have swore I will not under any circumstances have that judas basta*d RVP in my team this year and secondly Fulham are cat away from home :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Why no Aguero option? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

last chance for rvp to shine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

RVP 1 last time...pressure is on him now! Prob pull a hammy in 1st 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Mata and Chelsea have not been doing it up for me these past few weeks, unfortunately my front 3 (Suarez, Tevez, and Ba) don't look so hot for the captain's armband either. I've gotta give it to Sessegnon, who I just transferred in for Nolan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

^ Agreed, with two consecutive poor outings and the decent enough form of West Ham I don't think he'll be resting players. Though whether Hernandez has done enough to get into the first XI and who he'd replace is another matter...

He replaced ashley young on saturday didnt he ?

Ferg should make it a permanent fixture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

roryc wrote: »
    Crouch is never a captain choice.

Have to agree, but having Berbatov/Suarez and Hazard to choose from, I lean towards Crouch on this one occasion... I need a bit of luck this week.

• Advertisement

He replaced ashley young on saturday didnt he ?

Ferg should make it a permanent fixture
    This is my fear Hernandez starting potentially diminishes rvps attacking returns as he will play further forward than rvp or even worse at the expense of rvp. Having said that due to kagawa nani and valencia being injured he will probably play a front three of RVP hernanadez Rooney.

Advertisement