Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Captain

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

RVP again; may God have mercy on all our souls.

Oh...I'm going to take a deep breath here as RVP should have produced double figure retures in each of the last two games.

United were unlucky to come up against a QPR team who were all out to impress their new manager. Had they come up against a QPR with Hughes still in charge, they could have pummelled them by 6 or more goals. In addition, SAF started Young, Fletcher and Scholes together which is a team devoid of attacking energy in midfield (and Young is sh!te).

Now onto home vs WHU...

Anderson is almost guaranteed to start, Hernandez should start ahead of Young and Scholes is suspended. Given Giggs' horror show at Norwich, I see Cleverly starting. that would give...

CARRICK
    ----ANDO
    CLEV----
    ROONEY

RVP
    CHICO

There are goals there, especially if they score early. So with that, RVP captain for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FutureGuy wrote: »

Oh...I'm going to take a deep breath here as RVP should have produced double figure retures in each of the last two games.

United were unlucky to come up against a QPR team who were all out to impress their new manager. Had they come up against a QPR with Hughes still in charge, they could have pummelled them by 6 or more goals. In addition, SAF started Young, Fletcher and Scholes together which is a team devoid of attacking energy in midfield (and Young is sh!te).

Now onto home vs WHU...

Anderson is almost guaranteed to start, Hernandez should start ahead of Young and Scholes is suspended. Given Giggs' horror show at Norwich, I see Cleverly starting. that would give...

CARRICK
    ----ANDO
    CLEV----
    ROONEY

RVP
    CHICO

There are goals there, especially if they score early. So with that, RVP captain for me.

i could see Fergie going for a 5-3-2, to give the team some width, if Valencia's still injured that is, and given that Young's form has been poor. am tempted to lash the capt'cy on (Steven) Fletcher later on as long as he's confirmed for the starting XI. For once we get that benefit as we can change our teams up til' 7.30 this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

yup, RVP it is.

Welbeck isn't playing well enough to usurp him in the team, which was my main worry. if Welbeck was playing better, there would be half a chance of rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

manual_man wrote: »
    For once we get that benefit as we can change our teams up til' 7.30 this evening

that'll be no use for the United and City games, as they're on tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Tevez for me but I've had several weeks of duff captain choices, have suffered badly because of it!

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »

that'll be no use for the United and City games, as they're on tomorrow.

exactly. that's why i said i might change to Fletcher, we'll have the Sunderland lineup before the deadline tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

exactly. that's why i said i might change to Fletcher, we'll have the Sunderland lineup before the deadline tonight
    What team news would it take for you to change your captaincy to Fletcher? A bout of food poisoning hitting the QPR squad?

I can't think of many other (and realistic) scenarios where it may be helpful.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    What team news would it take for you to change your captaincy to Fletcher? A bout of food poisoning hitting the QPR squad?

I can't think of many other (and realistic) scenarios where it may be helpful.

easy on, chief. Qpr at home is still a nice fixture. and it takes away the worry of your captain possibly starting on the bench

i could see Fergie going for a 5-3-2, to give the team some width, if Valencia's still injured that is, and given that Young's form has been poor. am tempted to lash the capt'cy on (Steven) Fletcher later on as long as he's confirmed for the starting XI. For once we get that benefit as we can change our teams up til' 7.30 this evening

United have destroyed teams using no width (vs Newcastle 0-3) and I can see the same compact midfield tomorrow night. I recon Valencia is out.

Fletcher is also a decent choice. The only reason I didn't bring him in last night is that I read there was a small doubt about that game going ahead due to the amount of rain that had fallen in the area. I think it will go ahead but it planted the seed of doubt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Rooney is making his debut for me tomorrow night and he will be handed the armband, I am expecting great things from him in the coming weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭GBXI

Gone crazy and picked Rafael as cap'n!

Rooney is making his debut for me tomorrow night and he will be handed the armband, I am expecting great things from him in the coming weeks.

I reckon he will play at the tip of the midfield diamond tomorrow and will be in with a great shout to do very well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

GBXI wrote: »
    Gone crazy and picked Rafael as cap'n!

That is crazy alright especially considering United haven't Kept a clean sheet in ages . I have a feeling he might be rested he's played loads lately .

Good luck though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Mata for me, two reasons, firstly I have swore I will not under any circumstances have that judas basta*d RVP in my team this year and secondly Fulham are cat away from home :D
    That's not true at all , perhaps last season but this year fulham have had decent performances away from home, arsenal away is a perfect example of this

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

This is a tricky one for me. West Ham have a decent defence and have shown they can stifle the top teams. They are very solid at the back. Look at their game against city three weeks ago.
    Rvp while unlucky at QPR for me doesn't seem like a solid captain choice especially with him playing deeper if Hernandez plays.

I'm leaning towards Suarez not only for the differential (as I know most people will have Rvp as captain) but also for the fact that he is in top form and Spurs have a very leaky defence. you are guaranteed he will play out and out striker.

This has me torn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Fletcher is also a decent choice. The only reason I didn't bring him in last night is that I read there was a small doubt about that game going ahead due to the amount of rain that had fallen in the area. I think it will go ahead but it planted the seed of doubt!

ah jesus dont say that. I just brought him in.
    Last weeks transfer was Valencia...also captained him

at the moment its fletcher :( , but could easily switch to Suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Anyone think Aguero is a viable option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Yes Aguero is a good shout i think as is the bauld Tevez.

i have 3 strikers but am only playing 2 - the question is which 2.

Berbatov, Giroud, RvP.

i think based on the fact that the Berb takes pennos and has been doing well lately makes me lean more toward him and leaving Monsiuer Giroud on the bench and one last time give the armband to RvP.

But the man city duo could do a lot of damage at wigan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

who_ru wrote: »
    Yes Aguero is a good shout i think as is the bauld Tevez.

i have 3 strikers but am only playing 2 - the question is which 2.

Berbatov, Giroud, RvP.

i think based on the fact that the Berb takes pennos and has been doing well lately makes me lean more toward him and leaving Monsiuer Giroud on the bench and one last time give the armband to RvP.

But the man city duo could do a lot of damage at wigan.

Why only 2?
    Of those i would bench Berba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

I want to play a 5 man midfield, 4 of which are at home. the only one away from home is Sterling away to Spurs but i am tempted to bench him and play all 3 strikers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

the van persie captain brigade still out in force then :rolleyes: I suppose a man of his abilities cannot be a dud for 3 games on the bounce.

tempted go with him too. but i have given it to shane long after shipping out berbatov

west ham will try and keep it 0-0 for as long as possible an early goal perhaps could see the flood gates opening but united have not looked like they are in form to hammer teams yet. I think this could be a 1-0 win to utd or something.

Swansea play great attacking football at home and west brom are set up to take advantage on the counter. Long has been in good form and reckon he will get a few chances to add to his tally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Captain Mata for me & RVP vice captain....I can see plenty of goals in these midweek games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

RVP once again, with Tevez vc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Silva (c) VP (vc)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

Gonna take a gamble on Sessegnon (C) fingers and toes crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

fancy spurs to put at least two past pool so capt bale it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Played the wc and going with RVP again but still debating Fletcher or Defoe and even Shawcross could be a good bet for a clean sheet

changed to Fletch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

changed to Fletch!

Debating it strongly still :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Going to be bold and go with Silva.

Advertisement