Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for smartphones +tablet

Options
  • 25-11-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hey
    hope this is in the right place,
    long story short.... I live in a rented house. I do not have house insurance, I have 2 smart phones , tablet, Ps3 , laptop,netbook, led tv, etc... i wish to insure phones and tablet primarily as there more prone to danger but if i could get everything insure at the right price .... bonus

Am i better getting house insurance? can i get house insurance as i dont own the property?
    Has anyone got experience? are the gadget insurance companies any good?

Cheers Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Hey
    hope this is in the right place,
    long story short.... I live in a rented house. I do not have house insurance, I have 2 smart phones , tablet, Ps3 , laptop,netbook, led tv, etc... i wish to insure phones and tablet primarily as there more prone to danger but if i could get everything insure at the right price .... bonus

Am i better getting house insurance? can i get house insurance as i dont own the property?
    Has anyone got experience? are the gadget insurance companies any good?

Cheers Rob

As a tennent you can get contents cover for your own personal possessions. I dont know too much about gadget insurance but it may be a better option for your tech stuff specifically, as with contents cover there is likely to be an excess that applies of 200 or more for each claim. Contents cover will probably be quite affordable though and you have the bonus of all your other bits and pieces will be covered too.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭rampantglory

As a tennent you can get contents cover for your own personal possessions. I dont know too much about gadget insurance but it may be a better option for your tech stuff specifically, as with contents cover there is likely to be an excess that applies of 200 or more for each claim. Contents cover will probably be quite affordable though and you have the bonus of all your other bits and pieces will be covered too.

Thanks for the info fella

Advertisement