Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas RTE Guide & Christmas TV - *All TV related posts here!*

Options
2»

Comments

Hmmm you're welcome. Can you not see a hand/fist with a thumb sticking up at the bottom right of the post? Maybe it's because you only have a few posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SamHealy

Hmmm you're welcome. Can you not see a hand/fist with a thumb sticking up at the bottom right of the post? Maybe it's because you only have a few posts?

There are options to quote, multiquote or quick reply. No thumbs up.

You are correct, not enough posts yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

SamHealy wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I don't understand. I searched and this is the only thread for the Christmas RTE Guide 2012 as far as I can see and I'm finding it very useful. It has 20+ posts and has been going on for a few weeks. I'm new so maybe I'm missing something?

It wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the post above D4rkOnions post. They'd started a new thread, which D4rkOnion merged with this existing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I've bought mine but I haven't looked at it yet! It requires a dark afternoon, with the Christmas Tree lights on and a cup of tea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

TV3 are showing a programme tonight at 8pm,which is all about Irish homeowners/households outdoing each other to have the most/best Christmass lights in the homes and in their gardens.

Should make for some interesting viewing.:pac::pac::D

• Advertisement

Hi all,
    Not sure if this should go here or in the TV section..but....does anyone know if the really cheesy movie Surviving Christmas on tv this year? I know I can buy the dvd, but it is a "tradition" :rolleyes: for DH to watch the stupid thing on tv. Its not on tv tonight (and for that I am most grateful :D)

Thanks!

Just starting now.

Ah, poor Liam, I could cry....

Wow! Martin in Williamstown has the tidiest attic I have ever seen! Doesn't he look great for his age? His Christmas spirit is obviously keeping him looking so well. There is a house in Cloonfad (Mayo/Roscommon border) that goes all out, a huge crib outside the gate, the proceeds go to the hospice there too from what I recall last year.

The scumbags comming along and robbing the barrell with the money in it.

Some people have no thought or respect at all.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I've merged the TV3 Christmas lights thread in here.

Please post all christmas tv related posts in here from now on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Not sure if this should go here or in the TV section..but....does anyone know if the really cheesy movie Surviving Christmas on tv this year? I know I can buy the dvd, but it is a "tradition" :rolleyes: for DH to watch the stupid thing on tv. Its not on tv tonight (and for that I am most grateful :D)

Thanks!

It will be a late night :rolleyes:
    Surviving Christmas is on Saturday the 22nd of December at 12:35am (Sunday Morning I suppose!) on RTÉ One. Finishes at 2:10am ;)

OR

It's on this Sunday at 11:30pm on BBC 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭fataltragedy

paddy147 wrote: »
    TV3 are showing a programme tonight at 8pm,which is all about Irish homeowners/households outdoing each other to have the most/best Christmass lights in the homes and in their gardens.

Should make for some interesting viewing.:pac::pac::D

Wish we'd known about this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭fataltragedy

Thanks FionnMcCool87; should clarify - I meant to take part in the show, ha ;)

But that said I'm definitely going to watch it now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Only after watching the Chirstmas Lights prog now. Mother of mercy the 3rd couple. Their inside of their house :eek: Especially the 'icy' room. It'd give me headaches.

The last fella. I was watching, then his wife came on and I was thinking crikey his wife is fair older than him. Then she says he's 81 next birthday :eek::eek::eek: he doesn't look more than in his 60's!!!!

And the robbing cnuts who stole yer man's money for the hospice deserve bad things to happen them

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

hope it's ok to post here.I've been onto my gf for years to watch this movie.For me it's a great movie to watch at Christmas.my question, is this on television soon?Looked at tv guide but can't see it anywhere.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭peterjmaxwell

It's showing on Sky Movies if you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Up there with Home Alone in the great Xmas movies list!!

K.C wrote: »
    hope it's ok to post here.I've been onto my gf for years to watch this movie.For me it's a great movie to watch at Christmas.my question, is this on television soon?Looked at tv guide but can't see it anywhere.
    thanks

2 euro in Tesco Clearence section in Clarehall.:D

Rent or buy it from Xtravision for 1 euro for the night.

K.C wrote: »
    thanks

It's on TV3 twice! Once on Christmas Eve at 11.45pm and then on the 28th at 10pm. Happy viewing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Anyone know if/when The Polar Express is on? I can't find any info.. thanks a mill..

It's not on any of the terrestrial channels I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

ChewChew wrote: »
    Anyone know if/when The Polar Express is on? I can't find any info.. thanks a mill..

On a special offer in HMV dundrum at the moment. Picked up a copy for €3.99:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

There is a thread on book recommendations so I thought I'd make a thread on movies and films.

What movies/dvds would you recommend to watch over the christmas?

ilovesleep wrote: »
    There is a thread on book recommendations so I thought I'd make a thread on movies and films.

What movies/dvds would you recommend to watch over the christmas?

Home Alone 1
    Mickey's Christmas Carol
    Surviving Christmas
    A Christmas Carol (Disney)
    The Grinch

I'm obviously an overgrown child :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

Restarting this thread for 2013.

BBC has listed some if the highlights for the season. The "big films" seem to be Toy Story 3, Cars 2, Cnomeo & Juliet and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. These will probably be on RTE also
    Dr Who annual Christmas special is on. I think Christmas is the only time I every watch it.
    Mrs Brown's Boys has a Christmas Special. Last year's one is on RTE1 on the 20th at 11:05pm
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/25103288

http://digiguide.tv is starting to fill in the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day TV. Not much there yet beyond the predictable shows.

Some RTE "highlights". They might be christmas movies or they might be classic old movies (e.g. cheesy Bonds or Indiana Jones) that we only see at Christmas. Some of the new stuff is still listed as "To be Announced"

Dec 20th:
    11:55pm Serendipity RTE1
    9:30pm Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy RTE2

Dec 21st:
    3:20pm The Sting RTE1
    6:55pm Disney's A Christmas Carol RTE1
    5:35pm The Living Daylights RTE2
    8:00pm Could We Survive an Atlantic Mega Tsunami RTE2 (soulds like a bit of a pick me upper!!!)
    9:45pm RTE Sports Awards 2013 RTE1

Dec 22nd:
    0:35am Scrooged RTE1
    11:45am Ben-Hur RTE2
    5:35pm For Your Eyes Only RTE2

Dec 23rd
    11:15am The Nativity Story RTE1
    3:30pm The Secret of Kells RTE2 (If you haven't seen it you really should)
    3:40pm Home Alone 2: Lost in New York RTE1
    8:30pm Blackadder's Christmas Carol RTE2
    9:35pm Four Christmases RTE1
    10:15pm Hardy Bucks Christmas Special RTE2
    11:25pm The Blues Brothers RTE2

Dec 24th
    1:50pm Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory RTE1
    3:35pm Raiders of the Lost Ark RTE1
    6:15pm Carols From Dublin Castle RTE1 (fast becoming a tradition in out house)
    6:30pm Spider-Man 3 RTE2

Dec 25th
    7:45am It's a Wonderful Life RTE1
    10:35am The Gruffalo's Child RTE2

Dec 26th
    00:15 Unforgiven RTE1
    3:10pm Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom RTE1
    11:45pm The Queen RTE1

Dec 27th
    9:00am Chariots of Fire RTE1
    2:55pm The Sound of Music RTE1

Dec 28th