Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sarsfield Roundabout roadworks

Options
  • 25-11-2012 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭

I was held up for about 15 minutes today coming towards this roundabout from the East. It turned out that they were doing some sort of roadworks (probably to do with the construction of the flyover) and it was down to 2 lanes at the entrance whilst the Sarsfield road side was completely shut off.

Anyone know if this is still going to be in place tomorrow morning? Traffic was relatively light today but tomorrow it's going to cause chaos if it's still there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Should be reopened at 6am , thats the plan anyway, they had signs up on the sarsfield rd the last few weeks, just be careful in case theres a layout change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

They send out emails in advance of any delays. You can register for these by emailing n25@ccc-site.com

I find them handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Got caught in it myself this afternoon also. They regularly do this kind of work at weekends and have it open on the Monday again. They have been doing a great job so far minimizing the disruption. Hopefully they will be able to keep it all moving as much as possible but more disruption is kinda hard to avoid as they get near completion.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Not looking forward to heading home after 5 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Traffic on sarsfield road seems shocking at all hours since the change, there is bloody loose tar and gravel everywhere on the road, its the first time since the project began that i can call some of the work questionable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Traffic on sarsfield road seems shocking at all hours since the change, there is bloody loose tar and gravel everywhere on the road, its the first time since the project began that i can call some of the work questionable.

Yup, they've cut it down to one lane on the Sarsfield road going to the roundabout, it's a nightmare! In fairness, it mustn't of been easy for them working in the pissing rain all weekend.

Anybody know what's the deal with the power cut? All Hartly court is currently running off a massive generator.

Advertisement