Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How you asked her out

Options
  • 25-11-2012 9:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 207 ✭✭

Anyone care on sharing any stories of how you asked ladies out over the years? ones that went wrong would be interesting too. Here's mine

Once walked into a hair salon intending to swoop a girl who worked there off her feet. I remember walking towards the salon several times and then folding, because I didn't know how I'd pull it off. Eventually I worked up the courage and walked in. I then saw her, and she wasn't looking at me and I got so scared. Because she hadn't yet seen me, I thought to myself.. 'you can leave now because she won't have seen you'. We had very short awkward chit chat. She said she was busy and went upstairs. I remember telling myself, 'don't leave/give up so easily', which of course made the situation worse. I was then asked to leave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,425 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Did you feel like ****ting yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Will I read it in the paper tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

It was love at first sight, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Then she closed the curtains.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Amateur! You're supposed to get your friend to go over to the other side of the room and ask her for you. They can point you out if s/he has no idea who you are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

Anyone care on sharing any stories of how you asked ladies out over the years? ones that went wrong would be interesting too. Here's mine

Once walked into a hair salon intending to swoop a girl who worked there off her feet. I remember walking towards the salon several times and then folding, because I didn't know how I'd pull it off. Eventually I worked up the courage and walked in. I then saw her, and she wasn't looking at me and I got so scared. Because she hadn't yet seen me, I thought to myself.. 'you can leave now because she won't have seen you'. We had very short awkward chit chat. She said she was busy and went upstairs. I remember telling myself, 'don't leave/give up so easily', which of course made the situation worse. I was then asked to leave

Met my amazing beautiful girlfriend on boards.ie and started chatting on Facebook, before actually having met in person, I asked her to hang out and we did and we are boyfriend and girlfriend now :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Met my amazing beautiful girlfriend on boards.ie and started chatting on Facebook, before actually having met in person, I asked her to hang out and we did and we are boyfriend and girlfriend now :D

ewww you kissed someone off the internet!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 207 ✭✭StrugglingSoul

kowloon wrote: »
    Amateur! You're supposed to get your friend to go over to the other side of the room and ask her for you. They can point you out if s/he has no idea who you are.

Are you trying to be ironic. One should be man enough to ask himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I dont get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

One of them mail order brides?

kneemos wrote: »
    Did you feel like ****ting yourself?

I cannot figure out what word "****ting" is? Can you PM me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Me: Howaya
    Her: Hi
    Me: Will ya meet my mate?
    Her: No, but Il meet you
    Me: Sound

May not have happenned

I dont get it.

don't get what

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

The direct approach usually works for me.

Five years ago I walked into a cocktail bar, and as soon as I saw the waitress I knew she was the one for me.

So I just walked up, picked her out, shook her up and turned her around, right there and then.
    In fact, you might even say I turned her into something new.

Now, she's got the world at her feet, success has been so easy for her. I just hope she doesn't forget that it was me who put her where she is now.
    She says she doesn't need me, but I don't believe her. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I met my wife in a club by lurching drunkenly towards her, doing a spastic St Vitus Dance-style boogie and kissing her.

And amazingly, it worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

A girl emigrated to Melbourne shortly after I asked her out.

Timing was a little off as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Just ask, a simple no is usually the worst you will get. (If she give more note it as a lucky escape)

Well worth the risk for a yes ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

Like dude in the wire.
    Send your over acting drunken friend over to make a pass at her.
    Then you White Knight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Light Switch

Choloroform a bit of rope and a Transit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Hi would you like to prance, sorry dance, my you have big tits, oooooo fook sorry hips, would you like to predance just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Is there more or less stigma attached with dating someone from an internet forum rather than a dating site.

I figure both are better than "we met line dancing".

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

The best way to chat up hairdressers is to ask them

"Do you do pubes?"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

By text. It was so romantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I dont get it.

Neither did the OP by the sound of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

I met my wife by studying very hard to get into a good college course and then meeting her on it. Then drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I gave her the very drunken glazed over eyes while out one night, asked if she wanted to do something during the week and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Got her number, but I was so drunk that I had no memory of what she looked like when I woke up so I went effectively on a blind date a few days later and hoped for the best.

7 months later and she is hands down the best girlfriend I've ever had.

Everything went better than expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

I asked her to come with me to Tesco to look at a Television.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Are you trying to be ironic. One should be man enough to ask himself

I told you yesterday: RELAX! You reek of desperation, need and want!

Relax, smile, say hi! That is all there to it. It sounds easy and seems hard, but if you can just relax, it is. You just have to do the above, get the conversation started, ask her to lunch, dinner, drink, something anything, then it is done. The ball is in her court, pressure on her, off you.

Just relax, smile, say hi, and ask! She may say no, but at least you tried. Try again, or get over it and move on. But whatever you do, at least try.

If you can't relax, and thus make her feel relaxed, forget about it.

Relax, smile, talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

One of my exes met me through mutual friends, on a night out. Drunkenly tried to kiss me, I pushed him away because I didn't want to kiss someone who tasted of Guinness. Got my number from a mate, texted me asking could he buy me a coffee to apologise, accidentally knocked my coffee into my lap, offered to let me go back to his to take my soaking jeans off, I laughed so hard that I had to accept it when he asked me to go on another date.

Another guy pretty much stalked me for a night. Got my number from his cousin (my best friend). I spent 4 years avoiding him. Got REALLY drunk one night and told him to come hang out with me and my friends. He kissed me, eventually asked me out and I dumped him shortly after.

Only time I've asked someone out, I didn't even really ask him. We'd gone on a few dates (after meeting when he asked for directions!), and were on a night out with his friends, who all decided I was the best thing since crotchless thongs. After about 200 euro worth of alcohol, I swanned up to him and said 'Are you bloody asking me out or what?' His gay friend then kissed me and laughingly informed me it was to convince him that if I can even turn gay men straight, he needs to ask me out NOW to avoid losing me. We dated for a few years. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Didn't really exactly ask her out. She tracked me down on facebook, went a little something like this:
    Drav:
    Stalking me on Facebook now as well eh ;P
    Drav's moth:
    Ooooh my first poke! :O I feel violated!
    Drav:
    hmmm, imma violate you something friece now so ;)

..and I did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I'm Irish.

Are you Irish?

Would you like some in you?

Advertisement