Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How you asked her out

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

In a jokey (yet serious (i actually did really like her)) sort of way I said: Would you like to go out on a date some time? I was about to say the likes of ah yeah sure look no bother etc etc when she actually said yeah ok.:eek: In my head I was saying to myself - now hold on a second that wasn't supposed to happen, what the flip is going on here....

Yeah its a bit goofy saying the above 'date' line but its actually very straight forward and to the point. Its not like your asking the other person to marry you, tiz just a date.

Always helps if you have a few beers drunk beforehand.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Spiritual wrote: »
    I asked her to come with me to Tesco to look at a Television.
    I love this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I don't remember ever 'asking a girl out', in a big formal way. I think if you like each other, and you have a bit of balls in making A become B, those circumstances have a way of sorting themselves out. So, by the time I've actually gotten around to ask a girl out, I knew it'd be a yes because there was already something there. There wasn't any real doubt, it was more just making plans and connecting the dots.

I dunno, personally I think that if there's a big 'occasion' about it, it's generally down to either desperation or lack of ideas. You either don't know how to get there without the song and dance, or you know she's not that into you deep down and need to hear it to move on with your life. Maybe I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Met my amazing beautiful girlfriend on boards.ie and started chatting on Facebook, before actually having met in person, I asked her to hang out and we did and we are boyfriend and girlfriend now :D

Eh, you've been a member on boards since August, so 4 months at a max and "jumpin jaysiz" you're in love?

I can't see this ending well...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

anncoates wrote: »
    I met my wife in a club by lurching drunkenly towards her, doing a spastic St Vitus Dance-style boogie and kissing her.

And amazingly, it worked.

That's how I met all my wives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 207 ✭✭StrugglingSoul

qz wrote: »
    I gave her the very drunken glazed over eyes while out one night, asked if she wanted to do something during the week and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Got her number, but I was so drunk that I had no memory of what she looked like when I woke up so I went effectively on a blind date a few days later and hoped for the best.

7 months later and she is hands down the best girlfriend I've ever had.

Everything went better than expected.

That actually sounds so funny.. where did ye meet and what did ye do anyway??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Eh, you've been a member on boards since August, so 4 months at a max and "jumpin jaysiz" you're in love?

I can't see this ending well...

I don't think he mentioned the word love. Now you've made it awkward.

Especially since they're both boards users. Now they'll have to both pretend they never saw this thread.

Thanks god you didn't mention marriage or kids. Then it'd be three horrible conversations they'd be having tonight

Ooops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I just went up to her and asked her politely.

She wouldn't budge. I had to call the police to remove her from my home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 207 ✭✭StrugglingSoul

What would a girl think if you said: "were you a good girl since I last saw you"???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

What would a girl think if you said: "were you a good girl since I last saw you"???

That you were Santa???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

kfallon wrote: »
    That you were Santa???

In before anyone mentions him having something in his sack for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

1ZRed wrote: »
    I'm Irish.

Are you Irish?

Would you like some in you?

http://chig.blogspot.ie/lead_balloon_big.jpg

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

If someone said that to me, I'd think that they're a creep wanting to 'punish' me or something.

Not that I'm averse to some punishment from the right person. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

anncoates wrote: »
    I met my wife in a club by lurching drunkenly towards her, doing a spastic St Vitus Dance-style boogie and kissing her.

And amazingly, it worked.

Wooed my girlfriend with similar moves. 1:45 am, somewhere on Harcourt St.

"Story? Are ya dancin?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Tried to give her a bunch of flowers and box of chocolates in a nightclub

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Tried to give her a bunch of flowers and box of chocolates in a nightclub

Works best if you're wearing a suit and looking nervous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

No doubt at all about it :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Jarrod

First you ask her is she doing anything on Friday night. If she says no then quick as a flash you ask her out. If she says no you hit her with the 'you just said you weren't doing anything' line. If, when you ask, she says she has plans then you let it go. She's obviously onto you. So, you bide your time, keep asking, eventually she'll think you're not actually into her and you're just a friendly guy. Then, one day she lets her guard down and says she doesn't have plans. BAM! You go back to step 1, and you've got yourself a date. It might take years, but it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭narwhalthe

Handed my girlfriend to be an empty glass and then I took her friend's camera, which got lost.

Saw a rainbow flag on a wall, then said 'ah a gay pride flag', and then asked her out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

"I'm headin' Dtwo on Thursday with me mates, ye comin'?"
    "Yeah alri."

Went well in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Grayson wrote: »
    I don't think he mentioned the word love. Now you've made it awkward.

You need to be more observant. Check out his sig (or click attached)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Light Switch

Choloroform a bit of rope and a Transit.

Lol got an infraction for this.....
    'Rape isn't funny'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Lol got an infraction for this.....
    'Rape isn't funny'

I laughed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Light Switch

Fart wrote: »

I laughed. :)

I farted. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

hardCopy wrote: »
    Wooed my girlfriend with similar moves. 1:45 am, somewhere on Harcourt St.

"Story? Are ya dancin?"

If you had to ask her whether or not she was actually dancing, she musn't have been very good at it.

His avatar (nuclear plant) looks like an man's legs as he's burried upsidedown while wearing pants that are too big for him, and also no shoes.

... Just being observant.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I don't have avatars or sigs on my view. They're normally unnessecary clutter

That you were Santa???

Well know fact that santa likes his Ho's

Advertisement