Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

I have obtained a goose egg.

• 25-11-2012 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

What the hell do I do with it?! The thing is huge, I could make an omlette with just the one egg! Has anyone eaten one before and if so, how did you prepare it, how long does it take to boil and what does it taste like? Thanks! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Its a stronger flavour if I remember, you have to fry it, theres nothing more comical than a giant fried egg.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Just googled goose egg. They're huge. :eek:

Do they taste pretty much the same as chicken eggs? Any idea what they're like nutritionally compared to chicken eggs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Just ate the thing, couldn't finish it, too big!! It tasted just like a chickens egg but it smelled stronger. I boiled it for 11 minutes, the outer part of the yolk was kinda hard but the inside was lovely and runny. I'll post pictures later, twas a serious adventure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Boiling away.

007.jpg

Size comparison.

012-1.jpg

Nom!

013.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Thought that was a litre of OJ at first, not half as impressed now:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement