Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in a Location/Estate with a R.A.

Options
  • 25-11-2012 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

I am just enquiring about renting a place with a Resident's Association. The R.A. have a Blog about all their Meetings/Projects etc., and I see they were asking Resident's for a "Contribution" to go towards the costs of Area-lighting, and shrubbery, and painting and some other things. A pretty regular contribution too it seems. But it looks like these contributions are accepted as part of living there and paid without any question, so I guess what I'm asking is if I do take up renting there am I pretty-much expected to pay these contributions if/when asked for. Don't think I've ever knowingly rented in an area/Estate before with a Resident's Association.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭msbrobe

Hi
    In my experience Residents Association fees are generally paid by the property owners as they are in effect contributions/fees towards the upkeep of the development. The plus side of renting in a location where there is an active RA is that the development is usually pretty well maintained with regular cutting of grass, maintenance of flower beds etc in common/open areas

Advertisement