Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkey and Ham

Options
  • 25-11-2012 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Cooking the Christmas dinner for the family this year. Just wondering where everyone buys their meat? My granny swears by Superquinn but the prices seem fairly steep. Anyone got any quality but reasonable butchers they'd recommend around the Tallaght/Knocklyon/Rathfarnham area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 summer breezer

superquinn all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

I got a superquinn booklet in the door saying there prices were like 20 percent cheaper than last year and cheaper if you ordered online...

But they were brought by supervalue I think maybe economies of scale or lesser quality. I think that aldi and superquinn have the same meat supplier but aldis turkeys arent irish.

So maybe ham for aldi which is €8.99 on their tv ad and turkey from superquinn

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

But they were brought by supervalue I think maybe economies of scale or lesser quality. I think that aldi and superquinn have the same meat supplier but aldis turkeys arent irish.

So maybe ham for aldi which is €8.99 on their tv ad and turkey from superquinn

Superquinn were bought by the Musgrave group and have kept much of same supply chains. They are defo still suplied by the same guys for meat, veg and fish. They don't have the same supplier as ALDI neither.

Go to superquinn for your ham (full or half). Nicest hams.

For your turkey go to Wilsons in Rathfarnham shopping centre. Try get the free range. Really nice turkeys.

Advertisement