Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2013

Options
  • 25-11-2012 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Estimated due date 1st August 2013. Most unexpected... not unwelcome, just most unexpected!

First baby will turn 2 two days before this due date. Have no idea how we are going to manage!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Its the same date for me :-)
    And kind of the same situation, not planned at all , but welcome :-)
    And it will be the first one so all a bit like : oh **** whats going on .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 diditagain

EDD 8th August for me so so excited, Baby no 2 my dd will be 2 next week

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭intothewest

There’s just a year between our two, and both were a shock..esp no.2!! You’ll be busy, but like anything you will manage..trust me. It might go in a bit of a haze, but you will manage!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

Just found out today EDD is 9th august (day before my daughters 8th bday) so happy :) will be my 3rd,have a 7 & 4 year old atm x

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Weafs

Hi guys, found out I am due on the 5th August. Very excited but nervous and not sure of whats ahead of me - its our first. I had my first appointment with the doctor where she confirmed I was pregnant and gave me the due date but I'm not really sure of what to do now. She said to come back to her in a week about what hospital I want to go to and once that has been confirmed, what do you then? I've decided to hold off telling any family or friends until I'm nearer the 12 week mark so any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

• Advertisement

Weafs wrote: »
    Hi guys, found out I am due on the 5th August. Very excited but nervous and not sure of whats ahead of me - its our first. I had my first appointment with the doctor where she confirmed I was pregnant and gave me the due date but I'm not really sure of what to do now. She said to come back to her in a week about what hospital I want to go to and once that has been confirmed, what do you then? I've decided to hold off telling any family or friends until I'm nearer the 12 week mark so any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Congrats :) This will be my 3rd but ive forgotten alot about appointments etc lol with my other 2 doctor booked me in for hospital at 1st appointment. Ive my first appointment friday ill be 6 weeks. As far as i can remember i got a letter from the hospital with an appointment for the 12 week scan not too long after the 1st appointment hopefully will be the same this time x

Thanks Loopylolly88 and congrats to all you guys awell! I'll hopefully sort out the hospital details tomorrow and then see what they say to me. I still can't get over how my body is changing, my sense of smell is incredible now and I could barely smell anything before. I suppose I better get used to all the changes, there will be plenty more to come!!

Weafs wrote: »
    Thanks Loopylolly88 and congrats to all you guys awell! I'll hopefully sort out the hospital details tomorrow and then see what they say to me. I still can't get over how my body is changing, my sense of smell is incredible now and I could barely smell anything before. I suppose I better get used to all the changes, there will be plenty more to come!!

Thanks :) Oh yes plenty more to come :) I don't 'feel' pregnant atm lol i got a bit of backache but thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

best of luck to ye all from an August 2012 Mammy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Miss Lilly

Hi all, I'm due aug4 with 2nd baby. Dd will be 1 in Jan. I'm so sick and sore this time:-( will be worth it in the end..wishing you all healthy pregnancies..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Not due in August anymore :-(, wish you all the best I ll cross the fingers for you that everything will go fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

OP here... (I'm ready to come out of the closet)

So sorry to hear your news Siipina. Look after yourself and get plenty of rest.

How is everyone? Has anyone got their appointment for scan yet??

Hey guys - I have my apt on the 24th of Jan, can't wait for it to be honest! It's really tough not telling anyone but I just want to see the scan first before I say anything. How is everyone feeling? I've started getting sick in the morning past couple of days whereas before I just would feel queasy all day. I hope that doesn't continue for much longer!

I haven't got my appointment yet :( I'm 9 weeks atm so think ill ring up monday to make sure im booked in as am really wanting a 12 week scan,dont think i can wait much longer lol Im feeling fine now was feeling sick alot but think its past now but have very little energy.

I hear ya on the lack of energy - most of Christmas I spent in bed or lounging around, it was an effort to get out and do things. Still very tired at the moment too,the hubby has been brilliant running around!! No harm in chasing up that appointment alright just to make sure you are booked in and ease your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I think I'm ready to join this party :)

I had a private scan yesterday and I am due the 23rd August, so I'm 7+2 weeks today.

This is my 4th pregnancy although 2 have ended in a M/C. My daughter was 3 on Friday.

I'm feeling very positive about this pregnancy so fingers crossed and congratulations to the rest of you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That is great news :-)
    Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mirabel

Hi Girls!
    I'm 8 weeks (discovered it on 31/12!). my EDD is 20/08. It's my first and really happy about it (we were trying for 18months..)
    I got my hospital letter yesterday for the 1st scan, I will be 14 weeks. Is it not a bit late? what about private scan in clinics, like Blackrock?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 edel26

Hi All,
    Due 26/08 and got my appointment for scan. I will be almost 12 weeks! Excited,it is my second!
    Feeling tired and sicky most of the time... hoping this will pass soon! :-D

• Advertisement

Mirabel wrote: »
    Hi Girls!
    I'm 8 weeks (discovered it on 31/12!). my EDD is 20/08. It's my first and really happy about it (we were trying for 18months..)
    I got my hospital letter yesterday for the 1st scan, I will be 14 weeks. Is it not a bit late? what about private scan in clinics, like Blackrock?

May I ask which hospital you are attending to be offered an early scan?

Ultrasound Dimensions in Blackrock is brilliant for scans and not too expensive either.

All is good with me. 8 weeks tomorrow :) Apart from sore boobies and feeling a bit pukey after lunch... oh and the need to get up and pee every night! Sods law that my daughter finally starts sleeping through the night and I'm being woken up by my impatient bladder :rolleyes:

How is everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Hey all, I am due 15 of August :) had an early scan at 8 weeks because of bleeding but baby was fine hope it stays that way now :)

Have got my scan appointment through :) 4th feb so not too long to wait will be 13+3. Cant wait now :)

My GP requested an early scan due to my 2 missed MC's and I have an appointment for Feb 11th. I will be 12+3 all going well.

I'm getting very nervous and impatient so could well end up going for another private scan between now and then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

My GP requested an early scan due to my 2 missed MC's and I have an appointment for Feb 11th. I will be 12+3 all going well.

I'm getting very nervous and impatient so could well end up going for another private scan between now and then!

you can ring the EPU in the maternity hospital and book a scan, I would ring to check they recieved doctors letter and chase an earlier scan date, save you paying for a private one save that one for later :) I am thinkig I might have one to see baby when he is bigger

Well we gave in and had a private scan this morning! All is looking great! Baby is growing well, has a good strong heartbeat, and gave us a little dance and wave!

Here's a pic! You can make out 5 little toes :D

v5FWFvG.jpg

Well we gave in and had a private scan this morning! All is looking great! Baby is growing well, has a good strong heartbeat, and gave us a little dance and wave!

Here's a pic! You can make out 5 little toes :D

v5FWFvG.jpg

Aww :) how far are you here? Ive my scan monday cant wait hoping the rest of the week goes quick.

10+1 here! I've my first public scan on the 11th when I will be 12+3. All going well we will be telling people after that scan. I think people might start suspecting before then though, my tummy is so bloated looking!

How are things going for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

10+1 here! I've my first public scan on the 11th when I will be 12+3. All going well we will be telling people after that scan. I think people might start suspecting before then though, my tummy is so bloated looking!

How are things going for you?

12+1 here. I've known since 5 weeks and told grandparents at Christmas. I knew my MIL was suspicious and the jokes she made (just minutes before the announcement) when I accepted a half glass of champagne (it's a big champagne family so the bottle wasn't the dead giveaway it would have been for my family the next day).

I had a scan last week (private) to confirm the dates. Had a small change from Aug 10 to Aug 13.

This is my second but I'm still really nervous. Baby R will be 20 mths when the little one is due so I can't wait for those special troubles. And I've two stepsons in the house - one going to college next year - so the house will be crowded.

As for the rest - feeling ill, not wanting food, tired the whole time. The usual. I'm hoping it gets better in the next week or so.

• Advertisement

Hey guys, had my scan last thursday - got the biggest surprise to find out I'm having twins!! Had a scare though at the weekend and was kept in overnight at the hospital at the weekend, had bleeding and a gush of water. We had a more detailed scan on Monday and the midwife was great, put alot of our fears to rest - littles ones appear to be doin well and as its twins we will be closely monitored. Back in next Monday for another scan. Please God all will go well and thats the only drama we have to face!! Hope everyone is doing ok and not too tired or ill!

Advertisement