Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Due August 2013

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 alansilly

Hi all, my Gf is due in 2 days,hopefully we will go on time and we have or lil fella home 4 weekend, Congrats to all that had there lil babies :-) hope next time im on we will hav baby out and home lol Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 11 princessSophia

dublinlady wrote: »
    With my baby who arrived in may - I had 3 sweeps and none worked - I went 12 days over - however they say if your cervix is any way favourable they might work- mine just wasn't - she liked it too much in there! If it helps she's still as laid back now - so maybe it was a good thing ;)

Well the two I've had haven't worked anyway either! So tired! Really really want to go naturally :(
    Hopefully my baby is just super chilled and laid back too! Would love him/her to just be here though!!
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

5 days overdue today think this fella is too comfy in there lol really hoping it wont be much longer now. I went 10 days over with my 1st & 8 days over with my 2nd so i expected to go over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

5 days overdue today think this fella is too comfy in there lol really hoping it wont be much longer now. I went 10 days over with my 1st & 8 days over with my 2nd so i expected to go over again.

D-day today. Nothing. Midwife offered a sweep but I turned her down. Had one with baby 1 and it was too painful. I'm happy to wait.

Downloaded (paid for) two of the gentlebirthing cds. I'm going to start listening to them tonight - better late than never. And at least - I'm hoping - I have something to steady me during the labour.

I'll let ye know how it goes - pm me for more details. I'd love to share with those in need...

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭lang

Well, after a week of complete Hell and Back baby Aoibhín came into the world on Sunday evening just gone by. As we had hoped she was born at home with myself, my OH mother and the two Homebirth midwives present. It was great to have her at home after much trial and tribulation with two false-alarm trips to Mullingar Hospital over the week.
    OH labour really kicked in at around 4pm last Thursday. By Friday we thought we were set and had the pool filled (for a second time). Midwife thought OH was fully dilated but it was not to be. We went to Mullingar for the second time on Saturday only to be told that OH was only about 1cm dilated so homeward-bound we came. It was one hell of a rollercoaster of emotions that day I can tell you. We were so tired and we just wanted Aoibhín to be born. We finally came to the realisation that we were still on for a homebirth.
    We got some good sleep on Saturday and felt a good bit better on Sunday morning.
    At 11am on Sunday the contractions really ramped up. Got onto the Midwife and she said she'd be out during the day. Then... things ramped up fast and was trying to ring my mother-in-law (who lives close by). Well she was in the Church saying a prayer at the time. As soon as she came back I got her to call over. In the meantime I'd been back onto the Midwife to tell her that she needed to come A LOT quicker!! What seemed like a lifetime and the Midwife arrived. At 5.52pm Aoibhín came into the world.
    My wife had to be transferred to Mullingar Hospital for surgery but all was good.
    I couldn't fault the care we received from the nurses and midwives in Mullingar during our trips there.
    Finally we all made it back home yesterday evening after a somewhat fraught day in Mullingar. Homebirth Midwife called over and helped us come up with a plan for the night. We managed to get bits of sleep between feeds and Midwife called again this morning.
    We are all really tired but doing good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 princessSophia

Scared!
    Waters broke at 5.20am yesterday! Went to the hospital but was sent home as contractions hadn't started! Its now nearly 24hours later and nothing! Going back in to be induced in 4hours!

I really didn't want to be induced! Will this be much harder? I've read that it makes you much more likely to need intervention- forceps etc, rather than natural birth? I just want best for baby!

So excited and scared I can't sleep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭moochers

Hey Princess Sophie,
    Congrats, you're nearly there. I was induced on both my pregnancies, my waters had to be broke artificially too. With my first, I was induced on Thursday and beautiful baby boy arrived on a Saturday. With my second, I was induced on a Friday and beautiful baby boy no 2 arrived on a Sunday. I did need forceps for my eldest and ventouse for my second. No complications from either. But some of my friends who were induced did not need any intervention.

TBH, I wasn't that bothered about the inductions as you know yourself, you just want the baby out and delivered safely. Anyway, the very best of luck to you, I'm sure you are very excited and a little apprehensive but you will be great. Not sure if you are opting for an epidural, but I did and it was great. With my first, I actually fell asleep and they had to wake me to tell me to start pushing and 20 minutes later he was born.

Congrats lang.

Im now 9 days overdue & still no sign of baby but booked in to be induced monday,really hope i start myself before monday.

... Im now 9 days overdue & still no sign of baby but booked in to be induced monday,really hope i start myself before monday.

Thanks very much. Hope all goes well for you and that things progress naturally for you and baby in the coming hours. You are nearly there and you'll be holding baby in your arms very soon either way. Stay positive. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Congratulations and best wishes to all you august mammies from a 2012 august mammy x

Scared!
    Waters broke at 5.20am yesterday! Went to the hospital but was sent home as contractions hadn't started! Its now nearly 24hours later and nothing! Going back in to be induced in 4hours!

I really didn't want to be induced! Will this be much harder? I've read that it makes you much more likely to need intervention- forceps etc, rather than natural birth? I just want best for baby!

So excited and scared I can't sleep!

Good luck!

I'm either in early or false labour. Been getting pains since 4am and they've been quite strong since 5am. But they're not regular. :( If its not a false alarm then it's going to be hours yet I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Pessimist

Good luck! Sounds primising :-) I would try to stay as relaxed as you can and go about your day as normal until contractions get stronger & more consistent. You don't want to go into the hospital too early as that will just slow down the labour. Have your waters broken?

Pessimist wrote: »
    Good luck! Sounds primising :-) I would try to stay as relaxed as you can and go about your day as normal until contractions get stronger & more consistent. You don't want to go into the hospital too early as that will just slow down the labour. Have your waters broken?

Rang the midwives when they were st 2 mins for a while. Rang them back to say it was gone to 5. Currently back at 2.5 mins. No waters. But I have had two small amounts of bloody discharge. That's the show I'm assuming?

Yep that sounds like a show alright. Your contractions might stay inconsistent for a good few hours while you are in early labour. I would try to relax, keep mobile but don't overdo it as it could be a while yet. Just go about your day as normally as possible (I know it's easier said than do)! Keep us informed x

Yep that sounds like a show alright. Your contractions might stay inconsistent for a good few hours while you are in early labour. I would try to relax, keep mobile but don't overdo it as it could be a while yet. Just go about your day as normally as possible (I know it's easier said than do)! Keep us informed x

All done! :D Won't say it was easy - she come out face up, the little minx - but Baby A was born at 4.00pm, 9lbs 3 oz. 12 hours start of contractions to finish. 1/3 the time of baby 1. She healthy, happy and feeding well. Night!

nicowa wrote: »
    All done! :D Won't say it was easy - she come out face up, the little minx - but Baby A was born at 4.00pm, 9lbs 3 oz. 12 hours start of contractions to finish. 1/3 the time of baby 1. She healthy, happy and feeding well. Night!

Delighted for you both! Congrats, I hope mine is like that (baby 2 as well). Sounds like you're in great form!

nicowa wrote: »

Congrats!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I'm done and dusted too!

Baby Rosie was born at 14:44 this afternoon weighing 9lb1oz, the exact same weight as her big sister when she was born.

Nice quick easy labour, 3 pushes and she was out!

Congrats to the other new parents today and good luck to those still waiting x

Hi mums,

Is there anyone out there that had an epidural on their first but are trying to do it natural this time around? Or anyone that has successfully done this and recommends it? I had an epi with my first and I feel it really slowed things down and I hated not being about to move during the delivery and for so long afterwards. Have be listening to Calmbirth CDs and trying to practise my breathing and relaxation exercises so hoping this helps...

Hi mums,

Is there anyone out there that had an epidural on their first but are trying to do it natural this time around? Or anyone that has successfully done this and recommends it? I had an epi with my first and I feel it really slowed things down and I hated not being about to move during the delivery and for so long afterwards. Have be listening to Calmbirth CDs and trying to practise my breathing and relaxation exercises so hoping this helps...

I had an epi on my first and none this time. I felt I hadn't prepared myself mentally last time. This time I was more prepared - cuidiu classes and gentle birthing. I found both helped my headspace this time round. And while I probably went in earlier than necessary i think I'm the type that needed the coaching of the midwife.

I don't want to say too much. Everyone experiences it differently. I was much calmer going in this time. More secure. Having given birth with the epi last time I still couldn't say I was ready for it but I was much more willing. And I think that's the most of it. For me anyway.

At one stage I did ask for the epi but accepted - at midwifes call - that things were about to speed up. I don't think I'd have felt I let myself down at that stage and I'm not more or less happy with myself that I didn't get the epi.

I'm not saying I recommend it. But it is definitely possible. Not easy. But probably easier on the second birth than the first. Good luck. :) I hope you meet your baby soon.

Baby Alfie arrived monday 19-08-13 at 15.44pm weighing 7lb 13oz :) was induced had my waters broken at 11.30am then was put on the drip at 1pm as had no pains so was quick but was the most painfull labour. I started myself with my first 2 & they were no where near as painfull as the drip. congrats to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

congrats all august mammies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone still waiting...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Wifes due date is tomorrow, have a feeling we wont be waiting much longer, heres hoping I'm right!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 alansilly

hello all, my OH had a beautiful baby boy last Friday at 3.36pm weighing 7lb15oz ,called him Lucas, both mom and baby doin great,came home Sunday mid day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Sienna Kate was born at 2 am last nite, weighing in at 9lb 1. A long 18 hour induced labour but well worth the wait. We had our 22 month old son in this afternoon to visit her.
    He was well impressed and even wanted to share his raisins with her which is a rare event!
    Hopefully mum and baby are home tomorrow. Our son is staying in Granny's so last nite by myself under my roof for a long long time!!

My wife gave birth to our first child today, a beautiful baby girl Cliodhna. It wasn't the easiest of labours but both mother and baby came through with flying colours...

Hats off to all you ladies, its an incredible thing you go through on behalf of the rest of us.. Respect.

Just checking back on this. I hope all August mums and dads and babies are doing well? Little Abi is nearly 3 weeks at this stage and it feels like it's flying by. Days and nights merging into one... :D Her big sister is looking to help all the time, except when she's poking her and trying to push her out of the way. But I can understand that too. It was just me and her at home for a long time too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭randombar

This baby lark is tough.

5 weeks and counting, she seems to be slowly settling into a routine but you live in fear :)

GaryCocs wrote: »
    This baby lark is tough.

5 weeks and counting, she seems to be slowly settling into a routine but you live in fear :)

Our little lady is 13 days old and has settled in well, she gave a demonstration in screeching last night for about an hour but other than that she's been a star. Fantastic time getting to know her over the past fortnight, hopefully she continues to be as good as she has been....

Advertisement