Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2013

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Pessimist

Hi mums,

Is there anyone out there that had an epidural on their first but are trying to do it natural this time around? Or anyone that has successfully done this and recommends it? I had an epi with my first and I feel it really slowed things down and I hated not being about to move during the delivery and for so long afterwards. Have be listening to Calmbirth CDs and trying to practise my breathing and relaxation exercises so hoping this helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Pessimist wrote: »
    Hi mums,

Is there anyone out there that had an epidural on their first but are trying to do it natural this time around? Or anyone that has successfully done this and recommends it? I had an epi with my first and I feel it really slowed things down and I hated not being about to move during the delivery and for so long afterwards. Have be listening to Calmbirth CDs and trying to practise my breathing and relaxation exercises so hoping this helps...

I had an epi on my first and none this time. I felt I hadn't prepared myself mentally last time. This time I was more prepared - cuidiu classes and gentle birthing. I found both helped my headspace this time round. And while I probably went in earlier than necessary i think I'm the type that needed the coaching of the midwife.

I don't want to say too much. Everyone experiences it differently. I was much calmer going in this time. More secure. Having given birth with the epi last time I still couldn't say I was ready for it but I was much more willing. And I think that's the most of it. For me anyway.

At one stage I did ask for the epi but accepted - at midwifes call - that things were about to speed up. I don't think I'd have felt I let myself down at that stage and I'm not more or less happy with myself that I didn't get the epi.

I'm not saying I recommend it. But it is definitely possible. Not easy. But probably easier on the second birth than the first. Good luck. :) I hope you meet your baby soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

Baby Alfie arrived monday 19-08-13 at 15.44pm weighing 7lb 13oz :) was induced had my waters broken at 11.30am then was put on the drip at 1pm as had no pains so was quick but was the most painfull labour. I started myself with my first 2 & they were no where near as painfull as the drip. congrats to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

congrats all august mammies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Pessimist

Anyone still waiting...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Wifes due date is tomorrow, have a feeling we wont be waiting much longer, heres hoping I'm right!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 alansilly

hello all, my OH had a beautiful baby boy last Friday at 3.36pm weighing 7lb15oz ,called him Lucas, both mom and baby doin great,came home Sunday mid day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Sienna Kate was born at 2 am last nite, weighing in at 9lb 1. A long 18 hour induced labour but well worth the wait. We had our 22 month old son in this afternoon to visit her.
    He was well impressed and even wanted to share his raisins with her which is a rare event!
    Hopefully mum and baby are home tomorrow. Our son is staying in Granny's so last nite by myself under my roof for a long long time!!

My wife gave birth to our first child today, a beautiful baby girl Cliodhna. It wasn't the easiest of labours but both mother and baby came through with flying colours...

Hats off to all you ladies, its an incredible thing you go through on behalf of the rest of us.. Respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Just checking back on this. I hope all August mums and dads and babies are doing well? Little Abi is nearly 3 weeks at this stage and it feels like it's flying by. Days and nights merging into one... :D Her big sister is looking to help all the time, except when she's poking her and trying to push her out of the way. But I can understand that too. It was just me and her at home for a long time too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

This baby lark is tough.

5 weeks and counting, she seems to be slowly settling into a routine but you live in fear :)

GaryCocs wrote: »
    This baby lark is tough.

5 weeks and counting, she seems to be slowly settling into a routine but you live in fear :)

Our little lady is 13 days old and has settled in well, she gave a demonstration in screeching last night for about an hour but other than that she's been a star. Fantastic time getting to know her over the past fortnight, hopefully she continues to be as good as she has been....

Advertisement