Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I advance my housing application in some way?

Options
  • 25-11-2012 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi

I was diagnosed about 6 months ago with severe RA. I am currently wheelchair bound most of the time but my Rheumy is hopeful that I will be able to rely on that less once this flare passes.

I put my name down for housing on Cork county council lists after my son was born so on the list approx 3 years. I then went travelling with my son but came back when I got sick. I am now living in private rented as my dad is very sick and I couldnt stay at home. My ex gives me maintaince so I am over the threshold for rent supplement. My house is freezing. I did not know this when I moved in in the summer. There is damp, I have no oil and its so so so cold.

I have had TD's etc and I have tormented the council about helping me out. There are empty properties near me. Is there anything else I can do? Any other schemes? They signed me up for the IWA sign me up scheme but they have nothing going on in cork.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Have you provided medical information with your housing application? If not, it might be worthwhile resubmitting your application with a medical report from your consultant giving full details of how your condition affects your housing need.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Here a list of houses available from respond housing if have not applied to them:
    http://www.respond.ie/county-2/cork/

Hope this helps

Advertisement