Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pump shower wiring regs

Options
  • 25-11-2012 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there, just looking for advice don't do much domestic work as I'm at panels most of the time so not too up on the regs,

Can anyone advise me on installing a pump electric shower ( not an electric instantaneous)

Does this have to be on its own separate circuit and 30mA rcd or rcbo at fuseboard or can it be installed as a switched fuse spur of say a socket circuit with rcd protection ?

What is the usual practice of these installs ??

Haven't seen the job yet but from what the customer said I think it is 230v supply to a 12v traffo setup for the pump for shower

If anyone has an advice would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

if the shower is selv 12v
    you don't need independent rcd or even an rcd at all i would think
    so the spur should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bdollard2

Cheers for the reply ,,,, have you seen these 12v showers in domestic premise before? Just havent came across one before so wanted to make sure to do it by regs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭deandean

I have one. Trafo in the attic on top of insulation and supplied from a 3 amp fused spur. I have a pull cord switch wired into the supply as well.

deandean wrote: »
    I have one. Trafo in the attic on top of insulation and supplied from a 3 amp fused spur. I have a pull cord switch wired into the supply as well.
    ive seen a couple similar
    wired from radial circuit-into pullcord-into switched spur adjacent to trafo

Ok Is the pull cord in bathroom itself same as electric shower ?? And are you coming straight from radial circuit to fused spurs and then to pull cord before traffo yes?

• Advertisement

bdollard2 wrote: »
    Ok Is the pull cord in bathroom itself same as electric shower ?? And are you coming straight from radial circuit to fused spurs and then to pull cord before traffo yes?
    other way round for attic trafo above

Cheers sorry for all the questions this is last one! , where did u put your pullcord switch did you but it in bathroom like normal or elsewhere ? Just to know what's usualy done thanks again

Advertisement