Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 3 Episode 7 When the Dead Come Knocking [** Spoilers **]

• 25-11-2012 11:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭

So last week went something like this:
    Rick talks to unknown survivors on the phone, but the voices are those of the dead, including Lori. He accepts her death and rejoins the group. Against all odds Daryl finds Carol, alive. At Woodbury, Andrea volunteers for sentry duty but jumps down from the wall to kill a walker; she confesses that she enjoyed the fights, and she and the Governor begin an affair. Merle has been sent to hunt down Michonne; she ambushes the team and kills two, but is wounded. Merle wants to turn back, but the remaining team member wants to go on, so Merle kills him. Michonne flees to a nearby town where she sees Glenn and Maggie arrive for supplies, then Merle arrives and captures Glenn and Maggie and takes them to Woodbury, planning to interrogate them for the location of their group. Michonne makes her way to the prison and meets Rick.

A reminder: spoiler tags are not needed for anything that happens in this or previous episodes.

Anything that is said in Talking Dead of Comic only content should be spoilered and a warning given.

I'm looking forward to seeing Glen and Maggie. What about you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

One thing, I was googling for the name of this episode and came across some pictures claimed to be from this episode... massive spoilers.

Just a heads up to be careful what you google for :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Getting close now
    So, the last episode ended with Michonne at the fence - the group in the prison know that their people have been captured, and by whom.
    They also know the location, strength, and dubious past behaviour of the capturers.
    Massive decision to be made.....
    Attack or defend?
    If they wait, they will be overrun.
    If they attack, they are vastly out numbered and outgunned.
    The addtion of Merle potentially splits the group - Daryl is one of their strongest and very headstrong.
    Strength-wise, they are pretty weak, very weak actually. The Governor's team are packing some serious firepower in comparison.
    The addition of Andrea, possibly on the walls, makes it very interesting.

Predictions...
    Michonne kills the Gov
    Daryl kills Merle, possibly to protect Carol.
    Andrea sacrifices herself for the old team.
    Have a feeling Maggie is not going to enjoy this episode.

10 seconds... :)

Christ, that interrogation was brutal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

The amount of ads is brutal!

• Advertisement

ArtyM wrote: »
    The amount of ads is brutal!

I was going to wait until it was tidied up and uploaded somewhere but last week i was waiting until 4am for that so got to bed at 5 and up again at 7 for uni.
    Can't do that this week!

I cannot believe how that ended!

Are we the only ones watching?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Can't believe he did that to Maggie,
    nobody makes her undress, only me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Another great episode.....Glen is hardcore, you could tell how pissed off Merle was when talking to the Governor that his little zombie trick didn't work.

Speaking of the Governor, I don't think his troops are as loyal as he thinks. The guy in the baseball hat seemed very uncomfortable with how things were going down.

Really thought he was going to rape Maggie as well, he really is a sick **** messing with someone's head like that.

I think he's going to come out on top next week though, I can't see a mid season finale where Rick and co are victorious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Once again, I'm going to praise the choice of the Governor. He goes from calm and charming to psychotic in the blink of an eye!

Glenn's grown up a lot from the scrawny little pizza delivery boy in season 1! I thought it would be him that'd give away the prison location.

The similarities between Woodbury and the Ricktatorship are coming thick and fast.

• New person locked in.
    • Weapon taken away
    • Promise of food, water, and be on your way.
    • Promise of safety
    But so far, what we've seen, Woodbury is the "safer" place. Less residents have died. At least Rick comes right out and says what is going to happen. The Governor just promises, and leads on to something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

That undressing scene - that was just horrifying! :eek: :(

A proper nightmare come to reality, even while amongst ghouls that eat you!

If I was in that situation - I'd have completely snapped then!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

that was awesome, the time just flew by!

next episode is gonna be insane :D

The acting is brilliant along with the writing, this season has really taken the show to another level, just keeps giving and giving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

the one problem i had with this episode was with that guy living out in the middle of the red zone in the cabin and not having any idea what was going on. its been nearly a year since the outbreak im sure he must of come across a couple of walkers by then. unless he was just bat **** crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

^Agree

Also had a slight problem with Michonne not getting the connection between the prison group and Andrea, they spent a long time together on the road

ricero wrote: »
    the one problem i had with this episode was with that guy living out in the middle of the red zone in the cabin and not having any idea what was going on. its been nearly a year since the outbreak im sure he must of come across a couple of walkers by then. unless he was just bat **** crazy

He was clearly in denial. People burst into his house and he had a gun ready so he knew something was going on out there but didn't venture out to see walkers... or else he saw walkers and didn't mentally register.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

nuxxx wrote: »
    ^Agree

Also had a slight problem with Michonne not getting the connection between the prison group and Andrea, they spent a long time together on the road

She also knows about Merle having a brother in the group. it's kinda something you shouldn't keep to yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

She also knows about Merle having a brother in the group. it's kinda something you shouldn't keep to yourself

yup that is true why would she not tell ricks group. i know shes a beloved comic book character and all that but being honest i cant stand her and would not be bothered if she was to be killed off. Carol would now be my favorite female character in the show which i am shocked to say as she wrecked my head in season 2 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

In fairness, Michonne has no real idea whether or not she can trust the group. She might be holding out as much as possible. One of the first things Rick did was assault her...

Great episode. Tension mounting like crazy. Was genuinely scared for Glenn and terrified for Maggie. Like how they referenced Comic
    Rick's hand and Michonne's rape
    without going that far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

In fairness, Michonne has no real idea whether or not she can trust the group. She might be holding out as much as possible. One of the first things Rick did was assault her...

Great episode. Tension mounting like crazy. Was genuinely scared for Glenn and terrified for Maggie. Like how they referenced Comic
    without going that far.

hmm it may be yet to come

i don't see any reason for michonne not to tell about andrea and merle, she was even slow to get to the point when she did arrive she came there for a reason, the writers are just dragging it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

just such a good show now, the action and tension are oozing from every scene, the interrogations were brilliantly done, glenn is one hardcore ****er, and maggie held out really well until the govenor put a gun to glenns head,

i do wonder where merles loyalties lie, if he wanted information about his brother he should have just leveled with glenn, hell he should have just let him go get darly, but instead hes telling him noting and setting walkers on him, i do honestly think darly is gonna have to off his brother,

but not just yet, merle is a superb character as is the govenor, i just cant really see either character dying next week, and it amazing that i really cant think of any character dying next week, theyve done a really good job of thinning the characters out and making all the remaining ones really likeable, the only half bad character for me now is michonne, and to be fair weve only really gotten about 40 minutes with her so far,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The mid-season ain't gonna end well, is it? All the main fighters of Ricks group are at Woodbury, the Governor now knows about the prison, and it's presently defended by Carl & that prisoner's moustache.

Tense stuff for Glenn, but glad that he and Maggie live to fight another day: thinking about it, of all the group they're the least 'touched' by tragedy - quite the opposite considering they found each other & Maggie still has peg-leg Pa & her sister - so I'm kinda watching the clock, waiting for the hammer to fall on them at some point. Figured tonight was their night.

As for Michonne, she continues to annoy. Yes yes, she has a right to be cautious etc. etc. we've all seen that by now, but she willingly went to the prison and sought these people out - hell she brought the baby formula along too - but as soon as she gets inside she reverted back to the defensive surliness that has gone nowhere. By all accounts she should be dead were it not for Carl, could have had an arrow in her head afterwards, so a little gratitu... oh wait no, she's still pouting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So the Governor questions Merle's loyalty and then his brother attacks Woodbury along with the woman Merle told the Governor was dead. Don't think that'll help the relationship between Merle and The Governor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Brilliant episode.

See, I think that Daryl will be loyal to his group - all the signs and signals point to it.

But I dont think Merle will be loyal to his group.

But when/if Daryl find out what Merle did to Glen and Maggie - Yowza!!!

Didnt get the thing with the crazy guy in the woods - what the hell was the decomposing dog doing in the hut? Why hadnt walkers got him before now?

Also dont get why Michonne didnt mention Merle to the group - she heard the whole conversation when he took Glen and Maggie.

Glen was tough as hell in this episode. Even shaking his head very slightly at Maggie right at the end. I knew she would give it up.

Its actually hard to tell who is creepier, Merle or the Governor - probably the governor - at least you know where you are with Merle, who I noticed was actually leering at Maggie during that scene!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

That dude who plays the Governor is quality.... So creepy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

O-M-F-G

Just finished it now - that flipping well ROCKED!

can't wait to see next week's ep..............

I've asked Santa for S1 and 2 on DVD so I don't have to watch them on the laptop...........plus I think they deserve the royalties!

AMAZING EP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,276 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I think they wimped out there tbh. Woulda worked better if the governor had carried out his threat imo.

Good episode aside from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Another great episode. It flew in and I thought it was shorter this week. Time flies and all that......

The interrogation scene was really well done. Glenn is really coming into his own now and is totally different to when we first met him in S1.
    The Governor is a great character and the actor who plays him does a really good job. I do think he should've went through with the rape though. It would've had more impact and set it up nicely for Glenn to get revenge down the line. I think the fact that he didn't go through with it showed a weakness is his character.

I really really can't warm to Michonne. The tough guy persona is so annoying at this stage. I don't understand why she didn't tell Ricks group about Andrea and Merle. Fair enough, I know she trusts no one, but having been paired up with Andrea for all that time surely she'd know it's a good group. And the fact that Andrea and Merle are in Woodbury is a pretty big piece of info to just leave out!

Overall it was a brilliant episode. The way it ended really set up the tension for next weeks episode and I can't wait for it! Gutted that it's going on a break for a while soon.
    How long is the break by the way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

imdb has the return date in February............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Really good episode and great season so far. I'll be shocked if another major character doesn't get killed off in the next episode with the way everything is set up.

On a less positive note, why is Michonne written in such a stereotypical, one-dimensional way? She's like something you'd find in a teenager's first action script. Most of the other characters have grown out of it and been fleshed out a bit more this season, so why not Michonne? It was really evident what a poor character she is in the scenes with the prison group. Sadly I get the impression she won't be getting killed off or fleshed out some more any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

But the Governor only wanted the info about where the group were. When he slammed Maggie down and she said 'go ahead, do it, and go to hell' he saw he couldnt break her that way so instead took her to Glen - and he assessed both of them and saw it wasnt Glen who would break, so thats why he held the gun to Glens head and not Maggies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Would Michonne ever take that stupid ****ing look off her face

Grimebox wrote: »

This is her ONLY facial expression!

xxx-walking-dead-michonne-brooding-493--4_3_r560_c560x380.jpg?e30e514401c44b160da53c4fd24ece0b885793ba

That was amazing. Most tense moment when the Governor walked around the table to her.

Props to all.

Did anyone else notice how good the soundtrack was this week too? Really added to the whole tense atmosphere throughout the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I thought this episode was a bit meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

That was awesome. This mid-season break is gonna be such a pain in the hole!

Glenn is deadly. Loved when he head butted Merle. Would love to see him get his hands on The Governor - he'd **** his **** up! As would any of us in his situation. Shows how completely unhinged The Governor is. I'm wondering how Andrea will act when she finds out he's a nutjob. Knowing her she'll do something monumentally annoying.

Can see the next episode being jam-packed full of action. Merle and Daryl's situations make it very interesting. It'll end on a bitch of a cliffhanger, no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

It'll end on a bitch of a cliffhanger, no doubt.

I'm predicting a 4 way mexican stand-off.

Rick pointing his revolver at Merle, who has his knife at the governors throat, who is pointing a pistol at Daryl, who is pointing his Crossbow at Rick. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

without going that far.

+1 on the bolded part

Dean09 wrote: »
    I really really can't warm to Michonne. The tough guy persona is so annoying at this stage. I don't understand why she didn't tell Ricks group about Andrea and Merle. Fair enough, I know she trusts no one, but having been paired up with Andrea for all that time surely she'd know it's a good group. And the fact that Andrea and Merle are in Woodbury is a pretty big piece of info to just leave out!

You're assuming she only had nice things to say, which is in all likelihood not the case . We already saw with her exchanges with Merle that she feels somewhat agrieved that they didn't go looking for her , something that would likely have colored her description of a group that was, lets face it at the time of the their parting ways coming apart at the seams due to Shane and Ricks rivalry. Throw in the fact everything Rick does upon taking her in echoes Woodbury and she is bound to be cagey . As to why she didn't tell them about Merle and Andrea well with the former it might come down her not knowing how thick the Dixon blood runs and which way he'll(Daryl) jump as to the latter I honestly have no clue , like someone said could be the writers just wanna draw that reveal out a little longer for maximum impact.
    OctavarIan wrote: »
    Really good episode and great season so far. I'll be shocked if another major character doesn't get killed off in the next episode with the way everything is set up.

On a less positive note, why is Michonne written in such a stereotypical, one-dimensional way? She's like something you'd find in a teenager's first action script. Most of the other characters have grown out of it and been fleshed out a bit more this season, so why not Michonne? It was really evident what a poor character she is in the scenes with the prison group. Sadly I get the impression she won't be getting killed off or fleshed out some more any time soon.
    Carol was tragically one note for 2 seasons and is only now a worthwhile character , given a similar amount of time I'm sure they will get around to fleshing Michonne out , maybe the propulsivenes of the plot just hasn't allowed for it , is it ideal nope, but if they turn the character around like Carol By seasons end or into the fourth I'll be happy enough. It should be noted I'm pretty much up to date with the comics and the sum total of what we know about Michonne after 104 issues could fit on the back of a stamp tbh
    Grimebox wrote: »

In fairness we've been somewhat lacking in the meme department since this guy left.
    35h5f6.jpg
    So she's actually a bit of a godsend.
    Dean09 wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice how good the soundtrack was this week too? Really added to the whole tense atmosphere throughout the show.

Yeah it was excellent really set the mood , hopefully they keep it up because too often its like sonic wallpaper and you don't notice it at all , which is kinda tragic as I generally love Bear McCreary's work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

did anyone else think andreas scenes with the scientist and old guy out of place. What did that acomplish or show other than he didnt see a change before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Another strong episode. Glenn was epic, David Morrissey has always been a fantastic actor (one of Mark Kermode, critic, favourite actors)

I'm trying to give Michonne a fair crack of the whip but it's really hard. I'm not a comic reader but know the hype surrounding her appearance was fever pitch. She's been thoroughly disappointing - both acting and writing - so far. The character has no depth (as yet) and if this is one of the top 100 comic book characters of all time (according to IGN) then i'm not missing a lot not reading them!! It's either that or the writers are botching this big time.

I've read some spoilers for the mid-season finale, i don't think they warrant their own thread, but they are very much SPOILERS. So it's simple - DO NOT scroll over the next bit if you do not want to be spoiled.

Mod Edit: No spoilers for future episodes please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

allanb49 wrote: »
    did anyone else think andreas scenes with the scientist and old guy out of place. What did that acomplish or show other than he didnt see a change before?

I think the lack of hope, as a result of this experiment failing, is going to further unhinge The Governor. One of the few genuine human traits we've seen in him is his continued love for his daughter, despite her turning (but, him being him, he still goes about it in a massively creepy way). So even his scientist having to come to grips with the fact that they're gone once they turn will remove any hope he has and, thus, risk him coming apart at the seams even moreso.

Really looking forward to seeing how they handle the mid-season finale now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

leggo wrote: »
    I think the lack of hope, as a result of this experiment failing, is going to further unhinge The Governor. One of the few genuine human traits we've seen in him is his continued love for his daughter, despite her turning (but, him being him, he still goes about it in a massively creepy way). So even his scientist having to come to grips with the fact that they're gone once they turn will remove any hope he has and, thus, risk him coming apart at the seams even moreso.

Good spot. I, like some others, had been questioning the reason for the scene's with andrea/doctor guy/walker, but never thought of this. Double thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

leggo wrote: »

Really looking forward to seeing how they handle the mid-season finale now.

Yeah the look in his eye as he hugged andrea after hearing that news was chilling .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

You're assuming she only had nice things to say, which is in all likelihood not the case . We already saw with her exchanges with Merle that she feels somewhat agrieved that they didn't go looking for her , something that would likely have colored her description of a group that was, lets face it at the time of the their parting ways coming apart at the seams due to Shane and Ricks rivalry. Throw in the fact everything Rick does upon taking her in echoes Woodbury and she is bound to be cagey . As to why she didn't tell them about Merle and Andrea well with the former it might come down her not knowing how thick the Dixon blood runs and which way he'll(Daryl) jump as to the latter I honestly have no clue , like someone said could be the writers just wanna draw that reveal out a little longer for maximum impact.

Agreed. When Michonne first met Andrea she had just been abandoned by her group, left to fend of a s***load of walkers. I doubt she was harbouring very fond memories of them at that point. Plus, her conversations with Merle didn't exactly paint them in the most amazing light. We've already seen that she's not the most trusting of ladies, if they were painted anyway negatively by Andrea she's going to be very wary...
    Alternatively, Michonne really doesn't strike me as someone one could have a lot of deep meaningful conversations about their past life with, it's quite possible that Andrea didn't tell her every single detail about her fellow survivors, or that Michonne let her do so. By the looks of how they were living in the season opener, it looked like they were surviving day to day and didn't really have much time for chit chat. Combined with the fact that she was weak, having been shot, and almost eaten before Carl and Rick came to the rescue,she may not have actually put two and two together and figured out that the group in the prison were once affiliated with Andrea...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

michonne is a pain in the hole of a character and i was gutted when she wasn't gutted by those walkers, awful one dimensional and predictable posturing and pouting - yawn, kill her off please - just because she is a) black b) a woman c) carries a samurai sword and d) had 2 walkers as pets does not automatically mean we should worship her as some kind of empowered symbolic figure - she is just extremely dull and unlikeable on the tv show and i have no confidence anyone will ever warm to this character

as for the whole trying to get info of the prison thing, it seemed a bit strange that they asked maggie to take off her top, she says no, then governor says do it or he'll bring her glenn's hand, then she does it, then he goes over and slams her head to the table and asks again and she says no, then he is stumped - well mate why didn't you just threaten to bring her glenn's hand again, stick with what works

donfers wrote: »
    michonne is a pain in the hole of a character and i was gutted when she wasn't gutted by those walkers, awful one dimensional and predictable posturing and pouting - yawn, kill her off please - just because she is a) black b) a woman c) carries a samurai sword and d) had 2 walkers as pets does not automatically mean we should worship her as some kind of empowered symbolic figure - she is just extremely dull and unlikeable on the tv show and i have no confidence anyone will ever warm to this character

as for the whole trying to get info of the prison thing, it seemed a bit strange that they asked maggie to take off her top, she says no, then governor says do it or he'll bring her glenn's hand, then she does it, then he goes over and slams her head to the table and asks again and she says no, then he is stumped - well mate why didn't you just threaten to bring her glenn's hand again, stick with what works

What defies logic is the fact Michonne brought the baby formula to the prison. That was obviously her way of getting in there. So why do the whole silent, mysterious, moody thing again?!! Wouldnt tell Rick her name, didnt exactly divulge some basic things like oh by the way guys Merle tried to kill me and took Glenn & Maggie, and Andrea is in Woodbury. Nope. Just sit there act all aloof and mysterious!!

Even just a basic "Michonne" answer to Ricks question for heavens sake what possible difference could telling Rick a name make.

i actually though andrea was a bit too eager to kill the old man, even with the docotr being naieve about his treat, i thought the reason for this and her being upset at the end is because she doesn't want to believe there is anything left at ll of the former person, like her sister... but there probably is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

What defies logic is the fact Michonne brought the baby formula to the prison. That was obviously her way of getting in there. So why do the whole silent, mysterious, moody thing again?!! Wouldnt tell Rick her name, didnt exactly divulge some basic things like oh by the way guys Merle tried to kill me and took Glenn & Maggie, and Andrea is in Woodbury. Nope. Just sit there act all aloof and mysterious!!

Even just a basic "Michonne" answer to Ricks question for heavens sake what possible difference could telling Rick a name make.

yup....she has way overplayed the badass card - yes, we get it, you're tough, now grow a personality please dear!

if michonne was looking to gain fabour with the group which she was seeing she brought the formula then why did she stop half way, telling them about andrea would make them trust her more and i don't know how it could harm her, i'll accept that telling them about merle in front of daryl might be more of risk.

i actually though andrea was a bit too eager to kill the old man, even with the docotr being naieve about his treat, i thought the reason for this and her being upset at the end is because she doesn't want to believe there is anything left at ll of the former person, like her sister... but there probably is

true, if there was hope of a "cure" or some element of humanity left , then she effectively murdered her sister unnecessarily. But she knows there's nothing left, the whole CDC thing in season 1 and experiences since have shown that. The experiment was going nowhere , if she didn't act then the Doc was for dinner.

ok so if michonne was trying to gain favour with the group which she was by going to prison with the formula, then why wouldn't she tell them about andrea too ( because andrea had been bitching about the group so much michonne thinks it wouldn't gain her favour to tell them about andrea?) and maybe telling them about merle in front of daryl would also be a bit of risk

• Advertisement
Advertisement