Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Toy Show ** Read Mod Note in Post 1 **

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The link to Barbera Heavey above is frigged.

For what its worth, she is the one who cocked her nose up at the tickets for the Toy Show a few years back.

Pat Kenny was not best pleased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

blog+bah+humbug.jpg

I never watch the Toy Show. As a kid, I had no interest in watching spoilt brats get to perform on Telly and play with toys I would never get. It is now a tradition for me not to watch it. So I will be out supporting the local Hostelries on Friday, but I hope you all have a most excellent time here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

OP I humbly request you delete this thread and post a new one with the title heading "The Late Late Toy Show"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

What day of the week is it going to be recorded?????????.....:(

You never know what potential libelous scandal chat the BBarry's may come out with!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Hopefully the Love/Hate crew turn up to clip Tubbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Probably the best LLS opening post I've seen this year :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,444 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

We can expect a Jedward appearance also me thinks

Lapin wrote: »
    The link to Barbera Heavey above is frigged.

For what its worth, she is the one who cocked her nose up at the tickets for the Toy Show a few years back.

Pat Kenny was not best pleased.

Woman rejects tickets for the LLS Toy Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

being so far away from home and sad that i cant be home this xmas, i was going to make an effort to try and watch this online somewhere on friday.

then i remembered that tubridy is still the host of the LLS...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

retalivity wrote: »
    being so far away from home and sad that i cant be home this xmas, i was going to make an effort to try and watch this online somewhere on friday.

then i remembered that tubridy is still the host of the LLS...

No effort involved, it's live on the international RTE Player :D I think I might just have to tune in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,597 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Found the perfect jumper for Ryan to wear...

slayerjumper.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Not interested in it this year maybe it's the fact that we're on an extremely tight budget like the rest of the country - and I already hate when the kids are watching adverts with tons of Christmas adverts. I honestly can't see us watching one big 120 minute toy advert. Right rant over.

Will somebody post the link of Pat Kenny's getting a fright when the balloon bursts.

deelite wrote: »
    Will somebody post the link of Pat Kenny's getting a fright when the balloon bursts.

Here you go Dee!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

The show was a complete bust last year, but if this thread is anything to its predecessor it'll make tuning in worthwhile :)

I'd love if they asked John Joe Brennan back. He is a super intelligent kid with an adorable personality!

Less Billie Barry and more John Joe please.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Was it last year, before the Toy Show, that Enda Kenny did his "state of the nation" tv speech?

GastroBoy wrote: »
    Was it last year, before the Toy Show, that Enda Kenny did his "state of the nation" tv speech?
    No, it was after the Toy Show.

His 'State of the Nation' address happened on Sunday, December 4th 2011, a couple of days before the Budget.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/1204/breaking39.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Saw the RTE promo for this, a ropy Temple Of Doom spoof with kids dressed as Amazonian Indians kicking the pulp out of Indy / Tubbers.

If only it could happen in real life.

lockie1983 wrote: »
    That's right it was! He was hoping to catch people in good form and so many of them (approx 1.4million people watched last year's Toy Show) at the one time.

:confused:

The Toy Show was held on Friday, December 2nd, Enda didn't appear on TV until the Sunday night.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

MrsD007 wrote: »
    :confused:

The Toy Show was held on Friday, December 2nd, Enda didn't appear on TV until the Sunday night.

You are correct! Hence I deleted my post in shame :(

• Advertisement

lockie1983 wrote: »
    You are correct! Hence I deleted my post in shame :(
    Ah, we all make mistakes :)

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” ― Albert Einstein

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Scam texts are going around trying to get people to ring Premium Numbers to claim Toy Show Tickets they have 'won'. Don't be fooled.

https://twitter.com/RTELateLateShow
    “It has come to RTÉ’s attention that there are reports of a number of text messages in circulation claiming that the recipient has won tickets to The Late Late Toy Show and that in order to claim the tickets one needs to call a premium number or go online.

RTÉ wishes to make it clear that there are no tickets for The Late Late Toy Show available by this method and these text messages are not from RTÉ and we would urge the public not to respond to these text messages.”

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't remember the Billy Barry kids on the show last year. Was very disappointed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I can't wait for the Toy Show...it's officially Christmas time when it comes on!

Re: the above post with the video of John Joe, I think he is a little legend! He was maybe one of the most memorable children on it.

Is there any other funny Toy Show clips?

never again i watched it last year every 5 minutes there was a song ffs its about the kids & toys thats it not 20 songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

never again i watched it last year every 5 minutes there was a song ffs its about the kids & toys thats it not 20 songs

RTE just don't get it, EVERYONE hates the Billie Barrys!

Re: the above post with the video of John Joe, I think he is a little legend! He was maybe one of the most memorable children on it.

Is there any other funny Toy Show clips?

You might like this clip - John Joe was invited back on the LLS in March 2010 to discuss his love of clocks. He wants to be a horologist when he is older.

This short little video explains how the Late Late Toy Show started.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

DuckStab wrote: »
    The show was a complete bust last year, but if this thread is anything to its predecessor it'll make tuning in worthwhile :)
    Yup.

that was some good late late slaggin that were.

(ps, tut, tut, Lapin, getting in on a monday to start the LL toy show thread. I thought i get to do it today - a wednesday!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Can't believe it's Toy Show time already again! :eek: This year has flown by! :eek:
    Looking forward to Friday night coming! :D - even though I'll be cursing all the feckers in the audience! :mad:... but, they won't have the boards toy show thread, will they? :D

Advertisement