Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenogue co dublin upgrade to NGB

Options
  • 26-11-2012 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hi,

I got an email on boards from a member of the eircom team to tell me that before the end of 2012 we would have NGB for Newcastle Co Dublin as Greenogue was being upgraded.

Since this point we have heard nothing, is this still going ahead or has it been haulted and is there any certain date of it now happening.

Would be great if someone could let us know

If someone from eircom needs my number just ask and i Dm it onto you.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Dan82 wrote: »
    Hi,

I got an email on boards from a member of the eircom team to tell me that before the end of 2012 we would have NGB for Newcastle Co Dublin as Greenogue was being upgraded.

Since this point we have heard nothing, is this still going ahead or has it been haulted and is there any certain date of it now happening.

Would be great if someone could let us know

If someone from eircom needs my number just ask and i Dm it onto you.

Thanks
    Still scheduled to be migrated Dan82. I am chasing feedback on timeline and will update you as soon as I can..
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Dan82

Still scheduled to be migrated Dan82. I am chasing feedback on timeline and will update you as soon as I can..
    Tony

Hi Tony,

That would be great, thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Tony,

That would be great, thanks for your help

Hi Dan82,

I followed up with the the NGB roll-out team and the best indication they can give is hopefully mid 2013 when the Greenogue exchange may be migrated.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Dan82,

I followed up with the the NGB roll-out team and the best indication they can give is hopefully mid 2013 when the Greenogue exchange may be migrated.

Thanks, Mark

Mark

That's for your reply but it only shows once again the awful customer service eircom provide.

I was promised we would have ngb this end of year at latest and it was only reason I didn't move to sat br

Mark

That's for your reply but it only shows once again the awful customer service eircom provide.

I was promised we would have ngb this end of year at latest and it was only reason I didn't move to sat br

Thanks for your reply but it only shows once again the awful customer service eircom provide.

I was promised we would have ngb this end of year at latest and it was only reason I didn't move to sat broadband or mobile broadband.

Now im left months on with a different answers.

Why couldnt i be told this before instead of wasting my time , im not back at the start again months on from where i started, its a bit of a joke to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I was promised we would have ngb this end of year at latest and it was only reason I didn't move to sat broadband or mobile broadband.

The people of Oldtown and Coon in Kilkenny and Calverstown in Kildare were promised DSL was coming in April 2007 . In 2008 the CEO of eircom said it would be sorted by 2009.

Today, almost 6 YEARS LATER they have nothing better than dialup and eircom cannot manage either a date or an apology.

Even basic up to 8mbits broadband beats Mobile and always beats Sat. Unless you live right beside the mast perhaps in which case it is temptingly cheap.

Advertisement