Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea recalled blind but I can't find the receipt

Options
  • 26-11-2012 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

The blinds were purchased in November 2009 I think in the Dublin store and we only got around to putting up the blinds(2) a few months ago, we live 4-5 hours drive from Ikea.

Anyway while we were putting up the blinds we couldn't figure out some of the instructions so I googled and it turns out there was a recall in June 2010 for the Melina blind.
    I then rang the customer service number in Dublin and yes the Melina blinds I had purchased were recalled, but the customer service agent said I would need the receipt and as far as I know that was tossed ages ago.

I thought I might have paid by credit card but there is no sign of the purchase in my credit card statement, they said they could track the receipt from that and arrange to have it sorted with the Dublin store the next time we would go which is coming up next week. But we might have paid cash, I'm not sure.

I am pretty sure it was our first visit to the store though and we got family cards that day and I would have used it at the till but they say that won't have the information about what we bought?

Where do I stand? All the Ikea packaging is still on the blinds and in the plastic holders, they are clearly Ikea's but they have told me I need the receipt and I was on the phone for ages.

My husband is in Kildare next week for a meeting so he was going to do a quick trip to Ikea to return the blinds and to pick up some things.

Anyone any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Own brand (despite the posts that will follow mine telling you it's not) is proof of purchase. If the item has been recalled it was faulty from day one so does not matter how long you've had the blinds*. Politely explain you know your rights and would rather deal with the store and exchange them or get a credit than take it to the small claims court.

*Unless you've had them over six years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Own brand (despite the posts that will follow mine telling you it's not) is proof of purchase. If the item has been recalled it was faulty from day one so does not matter how long you've had the blinds*. Politely explain you know your rights and would rather deal with the store and exchange them or get a credit than take it to the small claims court.

*Unless you've had them over six years.

Thanks, I will give them a ring again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

loopymum wrote: »
    Thanks, I will give them a ring again

You will probably find the situation different when you are actually in the store. I normally find Ikea's service pretty good.

Advertisement