Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here"?

Options
  • 26-11-2012 6:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I was walking in a hurry out of a shop a few days ago, and a newspaper caught my eye, I thought I read a reference to an Irish version of "I'm a Celebrity" I assume if it were going to happen it'd be done by ITV Studios for TV3, but really....wouldn't it be a flop? I'm sure they wouldn't get the success rate as the British ones, some foreign contestants would have to be brought in. Who do we have really? It'd be people like Irish Independent columnists that no one has ever heard of...Who would you like to see in it, if it were to go ahead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

You just know Amanda Brunker would be in it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

That fella who had his book serialized in the papers recently, oh, what's his name again....Twink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Rumours that Maggie Thatcher is set for the Irish version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

98FM is also saying that an Irish version of I'm a Celeb is on its way:

http://www.98fm.com/2012/category-entertainment/gossipgirl/category-showbiz/irish-im-a-celeb-planned/

It's going to be made by Screentime ShinAwil rather than ITV Studios, though...

Rumours that Maggie Thatcher is set for the Irish version

That is a joke, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Dáithí O Sé and Maura Derrane to present it! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Brian McFadden and his missus Vogue already in Oz for the show :p

Add in those Irish models that love reality shows Rosanna, Georgia, Roz, Pippa etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

In the unlikely event that this is ever made, can I be the first to say that I don't recognise half of the contestants, it looks really cheap and the presenters aren't a patch on Ant and Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Personally ( though I know its completely unrealistic!) I would like Brenda Fricker, Colin Farrell, Liam Neeson, Gabriel Byrne, Imelda May, Ursula Halligan, and Mario Rosenstock.

what do ye think. Id rather stick Daithí in the jungle than have him present it too.

Didnt RTE do something a few years ago where they stuck Michael Healy Rae and a few other nobodies on the Blasket Islands or something? I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

SarahBM wrote: »

Didnt RTE do something a few years ago where they stuck Michael Healy Rae and a few other nobodies on the Blasket Islands or something? I could be wrong.

Yes celebs in the wild or something like that Katy French and Michelle Smith was on it also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes celebs in the wild or something like that Katy French and Michelle Smith was on it also

oh right. I remember now. I think the Blaskets would be worse than a jungle tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

So the person with the least votes leaves the jungle.
    If you think of all the pondlife and z-listers who will be in it, it's a pretty good incentive to pick up the phone and keep them there.... Hopefully long enough so the French might be allowed recommence nuclear testing in the nearest atoll.

Advertisement