Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for Hotel Deals

Options
  • 26-11-2012 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for Hotel deals for the week between christmas and new year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Jurys inn in cork is donig a christmas special for 49euro b+b (for a double NOT per person) but they are closed for a few of the days around christmas itsself.

A similar quality comfortable hotel is the Ibis queens quarter in Belfast. I got it for 36Euro room rate last week and that offer is now expired but there are other nights available still for 48euro over the period.

Theres always deals on Dublin hotels away from the city a bit but I amnt sure if thats what you are looking for?

Galway is just a dear hole. Lovely city but theres never a deal to be had and often you must book 2 nights to even get a bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Jurys inn in cork is donig a christmas special for 49euro b+b (for a double NOT per person) but they are closed for a few of the days around christmas itsself.

A similar quality comfortable hotel is the Ibis queens quarter in Belfast. I got it for 36Euro room rate last week and that offer is now expired but there are other nights available still for 48euro over the period.

Theres always deals on Dublin hotels away from the city a bit but I amnt sure if thats what you are looking for?

Galway is just a dear hole. Lovely city but theres never a deal to be had and often you must book 2 nights to even get a bed.
    Thanks for that :) I actually don't care if its in the middle of nowhere To be honest! I always thought it'd be a Nice time to go away.I will have a look at them, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Gee_G wrote: »
    Thanks for that :) I actually don't care if its in the middle of nowhere To be honest! I always thought it'd be a Nice time to go away.I will have a look at them, thanks!
    Thats the problem though.
    The somewhat comfy hotels in the "middle of nowhere" will likely be quite busy over the xmas period with weddings as its a great time to have a wedding as many emmigrants are back for Christmas.

As an example I checked a hotel in Sligo that often has great deals and they are in wedding price mode over christmas till after the new year - meaning some nights you cant even get a room in the first place.

Advertisement