Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Liverpool

Options
  • 26-11-2012 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Games coming thick and fast.

confidence should be up after yesterday, hearing Sandro is ok to play which is huge. Hopefully they will continue to play Downing left full as think lennon/Bale would run riot against him. Spurs win by a couple.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I have a feeling Gallas will be back in on Wednesday. Either that or Naughton will slot in left back and Vertonghen will go to CB with Caulker.

I was very impressed with Dawson yesterday, but it was a case of horses for courses. West Ham had a slow but physical front line, while Liverpool have a fast and light front line. So we'll need pace in centre back.

Hopefully Dembele and Sandro will start centre midfield, even though Hudd had his first good game of the season yesterday. Does he look like he's getting fitter as the weeks go by?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Yes games coming thick and fast thankfully.
    I'd imagine Daws will be left out as said, possibly naughton and vert inside one as both are more accomplished on the floor which is where liverpool like to keep the ball. I'd imagine liverpool will play Enrique and Johnson as full backs, and bring the likes of suso back in. They are dangerous going forward, so Naughtons pace might be better served dealing with sterling rather than vert.

Defoe is flying and Bale was excellent yesterday which is vital to us winning games, would carroll be a better option than Hudd ? He's better on the floor and I'd worried Hudd might struggle with Liverpool pressing him every time he gets the ball.

Caulker is the man to keep Luis quiet hopefully.

Another 3 pts would set us up nicely for Big Martin on Sat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

tough game, the pool are starting to look more solid as the weeks have gone on

Demeble will hopefully start and if we see another good game from dempsey that we should nick it 2-1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Our defence is in for a tough time, they should win the aerial battle. Suarez is unplayable at times, would rather see us not play the highline for this game.

Gerrard looks to becoming more of a passenger these days with age, hope he starts instead of Shelvey as he possess a formidable shot and is more mobile.

Clean sheets are becoming harder. Tough game, we might scrape a narrow win.

I dont think we are the same team that hammered them 4-0 last season at the lane

• Advertisement

mickman wrote: »
    I dont think we are the same team that hammered them 4-0 last season at the lane

Only 3 players that started that game will probably start on wed night, so yes it's a different team mate.

Friedel; Walker, Kaboul, King Assou-Ekotto; Kranjcar Parker, Modric, Bale; Adebayor, Defoe

Well if we field the following (which is likely) - we are much weaker at CB and left back . Across the middle its not so bad if dembele starts and up front its not so bad either

lloris - walker - gallas - verts - naughton - bale - lennon - sandro - dembele - dempsey - defoe

Well if we field the following (which is likely) - we are much weaker at CB and left back . Across the middle its not so bad if dembele starts and up front its not so bad either

lloris - walker - gallas - verts - naughton - bale - lennon - sandro - dembele - dempsey - defoe

no caulker :eek:

Well if we field the following (which is likely) - we are much weaker at CB and left back . Across the middle its not so bad if

It's unlikely that he will leave Caulker's pace out. So it will most likely be Walker, Vertonghen, Caulker, Naughton. Which would be, arguably, stronger than last season.

You reckon cauler and vertonghen and stronger than king and kaboul ?

I would disagree - caulker is good but he is no king (yet anyway)

• Advertisement

You reckon cauler and vertonghen and stronger than king and kaboul ?

I would disagree - caulker is good but he is no king (yet anyway)

King is my favourite player of all time. So his quality is not in doubt, but in the last season of his career, not training caught up with him. So I think Caulker and Vertonghen would be stronger than a concentration-short Kaboul and a VERY unfit King.

fair enough. i think that king and dawson from the season that we qualified for the champs league was the best

we went through a lot of clean sheets at the lane that season

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

The match is live in Tom Mayes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

What in God's name is wrong with BAE? Thought he was only meant to be out for 4 weeks back in mid-September? Also, any word on Kaboul's injury? Last I remember Christmas was his return, any word if it will be any sooner?
    And while I'm at it I may ask about Parker, not his biggest fan but his return would be a big boost, is her far off does anyone know?

As for Liverpool, it should be a very interesting game. 2 teams that (this season anyway) like to play football the way it should be played. The game will be won on the sideline, unless someone pulls an Adebayor again. I think we will win if Dembele starts, otherwise we will struggle to get a foothold. Ideally, I'd like to see Dembele, Thudd & Sandro in the middle, with Bale and Lennon out wide and Defoe up top. Dembele to provide support to Defoe, Sandro as the DM and Thudd holding shape in the middle.
    At the back I'd be more confident of Vert at LB with Caulker being paired with either Gallas or Daws. Suarez likes to drift wide a lot, especially out to the right, so LB will be a key position for us, Naughton had a bit of a mare vs Arsenal. I'd think he'd get ripped apart by Suarez and Sterling running at him. Lloris to start, he's a better keeper, no disrespect to Brad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Hudd had his first good game of the season yesterday. Does he look like he's getting fitter as the weeks go by?

Yep, certainly looked a bit more mobile yesterday! New year return for BAE and Kaboul as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 minihey

My starting XI;
    Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Caulker, Lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Bale, Adebayor, Defoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

minihey wrote: »
    My starting XI;
    Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Caulker, Lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Bale, Adebayor, Defoe.

Ade is suspended until 9th Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 30 minihey

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Ade is suspended until 9th Dec

Right you are, Dempsey instead of Ade then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

My starting XI;
    Only 10 in that team minihey,

My starting XI;

No left full, sterling will have a field day :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We'll only need 10 men to beat them anyway :P

Will be a tough game, but i think we'll win. Suarez is about their only real threat, and if our defense can keep him quiet, it should be grand. Bale and Lennon need to attack down the wings, and use their pace more.

3-1, with Suarez diving for a penalty and Lloris saving it :)

Kiith wrote: »
    We'll only need 10 men to beat them anyway :P

Will be a tough game, but i think we'll win. Suarez is about their only real threat, and if our defense can keep him quiet, it should be grand. Bale and Lennon need to attack down the wings, and use their pace more.

3-1, with Suarez diving for a penalty and Lloris saving it :)

I like your confidence. Liverpool are on a decent run, it won't be too easy I don't think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Neither do i, but what the hell. Optimism my good man! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Meant to say anyone going over Graham Roberts is in coach and horses before game. Believe he is selling signed photos, thats all I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

If we play like we did v West Ham we should get the win. Liverpool are a very very average side with one good ( albeit a very annoying ugly one) player. Rodgers played Stewart Downing at LB at the weekend and if he plays there again tomorrow night Lennon and/or Bale will have a field day.
    Having Dembele back is a huge lift for Spurs as we are a much better team when he plays.
    Spurs 3-1 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Sandro is fit to play (he's some beast lads, he has the highest number of interceptions, 48 in the EPL this season) so the same team as Sunday for me with Dembele in for Thud if available. I suspect AVB might have been resting Gallas for this game though?

Liverpool haven't lost a game in two months and they haven't won an away game in two months either so a gambling man might back a draw.

Here's hoping our lads turn on the style, Spurs 4-2, COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

Reading the match day program today from the Spurs West Ham game and it says Parker is back doing light training and they are working on his fitness, I'd say it wont be long until we see him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We've been getting the better of Liverpool for the last few years now and I can't see why anything should change tomorrow night especially with us at home,It would be great if Dembele could start this game,also hope Dawson starts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I think its our game to lose tomorrow mainly because if we play positively and aggressively all over the pitch we are better than them.

Lloris has to start and as much as i like gallas and daws this game needs vertz and caulker.

Then a huge amount depends on whether dembele is playing. If he starts I go for 2-1 and a nervy last 10;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I like the way Andre has been talking up Defoe, fancy him to score a brace tonight. Just hope the defence can contain Suarez.

There in for a handful, challenges will have to be precise as the guy goes down with a gust of wind. No silly/unnecessary free kicks please!

Need to go at these from the off, with no time to settle on the ball.

Advertisement