Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Liverpool

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Glebee wrote: »
    Surely not even Spurs can **** this up, Can they?

****in hell, there giving it their best shot....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We usually do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Pretty poor performance from us for 70+ minutes. Was very luck to get a win, but at least we held on. Dempsey and Sigg once again were poor, and we really suffer without having someone in that position to play well. Would prefer to see Ade and Defoe playing together when he's back.

Still, 3 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Fcukin hell, glad that's over. Gallas is a liability, Dawson made a few mistakes too. When is Kaboul back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Never in doubt;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

Held on a bit in the second half but we deserved the win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

pancho84 wrote: »
    Held on a bit in the second half but we deserved the win

Haha come on now, that is going a bit far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Considering we were missing some very important players, it's a great win.
    We miss Adebayor badly for variation up top, JD struggled 2nd half, but in fairness we didn't threaten very much at all in the 2nd 45.

I thought Liverpool played quite well.

Onwards and upwards....COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Why do we do this? why do we sit back and let the other team come at us when we have a lead,I hate it.

tippspur wrote: »
    Why do we do this? why do we sit back and let the other team come at us when we have a lead,I hate it.

In fairness you have to give Liverpool some credit, they played well. And add to that that we have no other option apart from defoe up top. I personally think Adebayor would have made a big difference in that second half, holding it up, and bullying agger/skrtel and causing all sorts of problems.

• Advertisement

Hep they had Defoe marshalled out of the game and were using their fullbacks and wingers very well to keep Bale and Lennon on the back foot. Dempsey was poor, there is very little interaction between Defoe and him. Apart from Siggy for Dempsey there was little else we could have done plus Dembele's lack of games showed in the second half.

Jose Enrique had a very good game, very impressed with him.

5th in the table. Bring on Fulham!

Hatch99 wrote: »
    In fairness you have to give Liverpool some credit, they played well. And add to that that we have no other option apart from defoe up top. I personally think Adebayor would have made a big difference in that second half, holding it up, and bullying agger/skrtel and causing all sorts of problems.
    Of course Liverpool played well,we sat back and let them do what the liked,thank god they're so poor these days.Don't get me wrong though I'm delighted with the win,It's way better than the doom and gloom of only a couple of weeks ago.3 points off third is good.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

I would of liked him to bring on Carroll for Dempsey and push Dembele forward into the hole, I think he could play just as well there

That Brendan Rogers interview was laughable,he's some man to talk up his team,they're 4 points off the relegation zone ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I can only agree with what most people have said, without Adebayor we have no way of retaining possession in the final third. This puts ridiculous pressure on our defence. No only does it put pressure on the defence, but it also tires our wingers who get up to support the forwards and then have to sprint back to defend as soon as the ball is lost.

I felt Lloris did well again and this will only go to improve his confidence even further.

The fact that we had no striker on the bench to come on for Defoe/Dempsey supports my points in the 'Youth Promotion' thread - surely Coulthirst could have been rewarded for his NextGen performances and put on the bench today?!

One big positive, earlier in the season we would have definitely given the two points away there. Let's push on for Saturday.

COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Other result have really gone our way tonight. 3 points against Fulham and I'll begin to believe that this season isn't a write off.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Rodgers " We should have won, in fact we would have been disappointed with a draw"

You lost you choob, that interview is indeed hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Great win if not a great performance. AVB is doing no good for my stress levels thee days. Great 6 points which i didnt expect from the last two games. 3 points off third, would love if we really got a run going now through christmas.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Great win if not a great performance. AVB is doing no good for my stress levels thee days. Great 6 points which i didnt expect from the last two games. 3 points off third, would love if we really got a run going now through christmas.

No reason why we can't if we get a few of the injuries back, but we need another option up front with adebayor heading off for a month soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

[QUOTE=Hatch99;81988375 with adebayor heading off for a month soon.[/QUOTE]

Is he definitely going? Didnt he retire from international duty? or did he retire and then change his mind again?

• Advertisement

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Is he definitely going? Didnt he retire from international duty? or did he retire and then change his mind again?

Not sure he's going
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8292453/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Watched the highlights on Sky, delighted we hung on. In saying that I don’t recall Lloris making a save in the 2nd half? Adebayor… a dispute over money, who’d have guessed?

Rodgers loves using that superlative magnificent…No Brendan, magnificent is 3 points.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Adebayor… a dispute over money, who’d have guessed?

Can't find a link now but I read somewhere before that Ade's disputes over money are due to the African charities he represents. Of course SSN wont mention this

I'd imagine he'll end up going whether he likes it or not :rolleyes:

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I'd imagine he'll end up going whether he likes it or not :rolleyes:

Yeah, we need to accept he's going and need Levy to invest in a backup striker in the Jan transfer window.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Can't find a link now but I read somewhere before that Ade's disputes over money are due to the African charities he represents. Of course SSN wont mention this

I think the African charities issue was around before he made the move from City to Spurs, he's a senior player at Togo so the other players are looking to him to help them get paid for the game played v Morrocco.

He'll end up going so we need to SPEND! Defoe made only eight passes last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

I think the African charities issue was around before he made the move from City to Spurs, he's a senior player at Togo so the other players are looking to him to help them get paid for the game played v Morrocco.

He'll end up going so we need to SPEND! Defoe made only eight passes last night.

Was Defoe playing last night? Barely noticed him at all. Yes we have won two games in a row with Defoe in the team but we are a much better side with Ade up front. With him gone to the ACN in Jan., Levy has got to buy another striker. We have a nice run of fixtures into the New Year - a couple of victories and AVB can put pressure on Levy to delve into the transfer market.

Good result last night but we were hanging on for the majority of the second half.
    How great is Bale? We would be lost without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

didnt see it live lad but it sounds like we werent very impressive

How we are actually winning some of these games , ill never know.

But 3 points is 3 points

Would be happy with a draw at fulham - i hate playing them away

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

got lucky,thank god we took our chances in 1st half,All liverpool for 2nd half,badly missed ade up front to hold ball up,defence played ok,pools goal was poxy but they could have had more.Bale was excellent,thought agger should have got red for tackle in 1st half not a chance of getting to the ball.Fulham will be tough ,got a good draw last night against Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

watched highlights - walker looked more solid than usual

Gallas looked shocking - loads of mistakes

Advertisement