Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas pudding recipe.

Options
  • 26-11-2012 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

I've been asked a favour by my granny, she wants me to make a plain (no fruit or alcohol) christmas pudding. She was telling us the other day how her mum used to make it like this at christmas because they wouldn't be able to afford all the ingredients. I'd love to be able to make it for her to remind her of her childhood and cheer her up after what was a tough year for her.
    Could anyone share a recipe or give advice as I have honestly never heard a recipe for a plain one. Would it really just be as simple as following the same recipe leaving the fruit and alcohol out?
    thanks for any help you can give :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

You could try a steamed sponge pudding but it would have to eaten pretty quickly as it would have no alcohol to preserve it.

There are 2 in the Delia Smith Winter Collection book - Steamed Treacle Sponge Pudding (p 201) and Sticky Gingerbread Pudding (p 202) - the second of which only has chopped apples by way of fruit content but has the big 3 christmas spices in it so it would still taste very festive. :)

Advertisement