Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High electricity bill?

Options
  • 26-11-2012 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

I just received our latest electricity bill and it got me thinking that it seems high.

In the last 2 month period we used ~500 units. This is for a 2 bed apartment with 2 adults and a child living there.

We are very energy conscious and make sure there are no lights left on, we don't use the dryer, etc.

We have gas in this place which is used for the boiler/immersion and hob.

In our last place the bills where only €20-€30 dearer but there was no gas there so that included the immersion and storage heating which we don't have in this place. The only difference in this place is we have a dishwasher.

Does anyone know if that seems high? I can't really compare to any friends as none match our situation, with most living in houses and bigger families.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

two adults and a child here, very conscious of the electric, we also have gas for the heating and hot water. just checked our last two electric bills both where just over 500 units even though we turn everything off and unplug everything and have energy saving light bulbs.

Advertisement