Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isle of Wight Festival 2013, 13th-16th June 2013

Options
  • 26-11-2012 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Thinking of heading over to this next summer:

Stone Roses just confirmed as Friday night headliner.

Tickets going on sale Wednesday 28th November 2012.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Not mad about the 1st announcement anyways , still would love to one day go to the festival although its gonna be hard to top last years headliners

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Do Irish Vodafone customers qualify for the VIP pre-sale tickets?
    Or is it just Vodafone UK..

http://vip.vodafone.co.uk/offers/partnerrewards.aspx?id=268&zone=5&clickSource=TEASER

I bought a Vodafone phone in NI about years ago, possibly longer, (I bought a Sony Ericsson K800i) I still have the SIM.. That would probably be inactive.. Worth a shot maybe if Irish Vodafone doesn't qualify.

Wasn't there something last year about extending the offer overseas?

EDIT.
    Can't use that sim
    4. You’ll not qualify for VVIP tickets if:
    i. You’re a pay as you go customer and you’ve had your SIM card suspended; or

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

What would be the best way to travel to the festival if you were lucky enough to come across tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Bon Jovi has just been confirmed as the Sunday night headliner.

More acts will be announced later this week.

Killers rumoured for the final headliner slot

• Advertisement

Killers rumoured for the final headliner slot

It would be a fairly strong headline billing if that comes to pass - Stone Roses, Killers and Bon Jovi will shift tickets quickly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

What would be the best way to travel to the festival if you were lucky enough to come across tickets?

I've never done it so not 100% on this but I'd imagine Dublin - Southampton flight then you should be able to get a bus-boat from there.

It would be a fairly strong headline billing if that comes to pass - Stone Roses, Killers and Bon Jovi will shift tickets quickly!!

Plus i think it would be the first time Killers played IOW

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

Fly to Southampton, train from the airport into Southampton Central then a free bus to the ferry terminal. We went this year, lovely island but the festival itself is a bit meh, the site layout is poor and i wasnt convinced by the strength of the lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Fly to Southampton, train from the airport into Southampton Central then a free bus to the ferry terminal. We went this year, lovely island but the festival itself is a bit meh, the site layout is poor and i wasnt convinced by the strength of the lineup

There's also a hovercraft service, that's probably as boring as a normal boat, but i still want on.. :)

• Advertisement

8am tomorrow we announce some more acts!!

Today the Isle of Wight Festival has announced an array of the hottest new and established artists around who will be joining headliners The Stone Roses and Bon Jovi for the first major music Festival of the summer. Jake Bugg (above), The Script, Bloc Party, Paloma Faith (below, right), The Maccabees, Ellie Goulding, Happy Mondays, Fun, Bonnie Raitt, Imperial Teen, The Farm, Blondie and Republica, will now be appearing, plus more to be announced in the coming weeks.

ImageJake Bugg is the most exciting new singer songwriter in the UK and will be making his debut appearance on the Isle of Wight Festival’s Main Stage on Friday 14th June. Also joining the Main Stage bill on Sunday 16th June will be one of the biggest and best-loved bands, The Script, who return with their meticulously-crafted, meaningful songs.

The Isle of Wight Festival Main Stage has seen many epic performances and 2013 will be no different, with the addition of Bloc Party, a band that has shaped the sound of modern British guitar music and will be appearing on Saturday 15th June. Returning for the second time will be Festival favourite Paloma Faith, who will be captivating the crowd on Sunday 16th June. Next up, South Londoners, The Maccabees will also be performing their well crafted yet off-kilter alt-pop songs ahead of Bloc Party on Saturday 15th June.

Paloma Faith says: “So excited to return to one of my favourite music festivals this year and hope the sun shines as beautifully as it did when I last played.”

Taking the Big Top by storm, Ellie Goulding comes to the Island on Friday 14th June following a special, campers only headline performance from iconic Manchester band, the Happy Mondays on Thursday 13th June. Over on The Garden Stage, band of the moment Fun, make their Festival debut on Friday 14th June. If that wasn't enough, American singer Bonnie Raitt will be performing on the Main Stage on Saturday 15th June, while one-of-a-kind symphonic pop quartet Imperial Teen take on The Garden Stage on Sunday 16th June.

For a second-to-non party atmosphere, the Isle of Wight Festival’s Big Top is the place to be. After reforming in 2011, legendary Liverpool band, The Farm are gearing up for an unforgettable campers only evening on Thursday 13th June. What’s more, one of music’s most acclaimed groups, Blondie, will be headlining on Sunday 16th June. Fans will also be treated to a performance by techno-pop punk rock Republica under the roof of the Big Top on Sunday.

44648_10151204343497736_2126106508_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah its the Killers headlining the Saturday. Piss poor in comparison to last year.

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah its the Killers headlining the Saturday. Piss poor in comparison to last year.

Agreed, the headliners this year aren't a patch on last years. I think Giddings took a lot of abuse because he booked Petty, Pearl Jam and Springsteen last year. The kids weren't impressed at all, apparently those 3 were past it and had done nothing for years

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Agreed, the headliners this year aren't a patch on last years. I think Giddings took a lot of abuse because he booked Petty, Pearl Jam and Springsteen last year. The kids weren't impressed at all, apparently those 3 were past it and had done nothing for years

Well then I'd feel sorry for those people! Wish I went last year.

In the same boat , would have loved to have gone last year too

The headliners were fantastic, I always thought id have to go to America for something like that, its just a pity the rest of the festival didnt match up to them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Does anyone know if highlights of this festival are covered by any TV channels? I know BBC had footage from last year but saw nothing for this year.

edit: Actually I see the website has lots of videos from the weekend.

Does anyone know if highlights of this festival are covered by any TV channels? I know BBC had footage from last year but saw nothing for this year.

edit: Actually I see the website has lots of videos from the weekend.

It's been shown on Sky Arts (Sky channel 129) next Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights from 8pm-10pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

You are ucky you didnt go. Last year was a total washout with people stranded on roads not even getting to the ferry etc. Total nightmare by all accounts.

Same weekend last year as the infamous Hyde Park gig in which the plug was pulled on Bruce & Macca. More than made up for by Bruce, John Fogerty, Tom Marello, Lady Antebelum and Macca playing with Bruce.

Advertisement