Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recieved a bill for house I no longer live in?

Options
  • 26-11-2012 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

I moved out of my rented house as of October 4th. The landlord at that address asked that we let him transfer the name on the account over as opposed to us closing the account and him having to reopen it and pay a connection fee. We moved house and transferred our electric Ireland account to our new address and mid october, we recieved what we presumed was our final bill of charges for the old address, which we paid on 25/10/2012. However, this morning I have received a bill addresses to my new address but with charges applied to the old address for 43 days. The bill total is 32.02 (the majority of which is a low usage fee) and the billing period states 'closing account 21 Nov'. Why am I being charged for a service I didn't use during a period of time in which I wasn't residing at the address? Did my ex landlord not bother to switch accounts immediately or is it a mistake on the part of Electric Ireland? Either way, I will not be paying the charges.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Mrspostman,

Do private message me your Electric Ireland account number and your name/address in full as they appear on your account (the new address will be sufficient as the old one will show on its history) and also the contact telephone number on your account.

Just to advise: we can only discuss account particulars with the named account-holder or an additional authorised contact added to the account.

Here is some general relevant info from our website also.

Regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Thanks Una pm sent

Advertisement