Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parents Landline no dial tone - Can't contact Eircom either ?

Options
  • 26-11-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Hey there,
    My parents home phone stopped working yesterday. They were away for the weekend and when they returned they were unable to make or receive calls.
    I checked the phone myself and it's all connected up correctly.
    When you dial the number you get an Engaged tone.

They are in their 70's so have no access to the net so how are they supposed to contact Eircom to make a complaint ?? Due to a recent Health scare we need to be able to contact them. :mad:

I tried calling this morning the 1901 number and was disconnected 3 times , then put on hold the 4th time only to be told due to large number of calls to try again later...then the line went Dead ? What kind of nonsense is that ?

Can someone tell me how they can contact you ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hey there,
    My parents home phone stopped working yesterday. They were away for the weekend and when they returned they were unable to make or receive calls.
    I checked the phone myself and it's all connected up correctly.
    When you dial the number you get an Engaged tone.

They are in their 70's so have no access to the net so how are they supposed to contact Eircom to make a complaint ?? Due to a recent Health scare we need to be able to contact them. :mad:

I tried calling this morning the 1901 number and was disconnected 3 times , then put on hold the 4th time only to be told due to large number of calls to try again later...then the line went Dead ? What kind of nonsense is that ?

Can someone tell me how they can contact you ?
    Hi muppetkiller
    They can call 1901 to report line fault, however if you PM me your a/c and tel no I can run some tests and should be able to get this resolved for them.
    Tony

Advertisement