Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction to Quantitative Economics (ECON10030)

Options
  • 26-11-2012 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I am doing buiness for maths (MATH10030) and I'm wondering if Introduction to Quantitative Economics (ECON10030) will be similar ?

I am finding business for maths fairly easy can the same be said for Introduction to Quantitative Economics, or will it be more complex ?

If anyone has done this module could you please tell me how you found it and whether it was difficult to get a good grade in it ?

I'm doing economics as my minor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Yeah I did that last year. If you found business maths fairly easy, then Quants should be fine.

It's mostly micro economic metrics.

So it would basically be applied maths, most complex parts being differentiation, slope of the curve, and you also need a decent knowledge of the rules of indices.

If you get a book out in the library you can see the type of questions, or look up the past papers on SIS.

If you plan on doing any Microeconomic modules beyond level 1, then the quants in this module are essential.

Advertisement