Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pigs ears

• 26-11-2012 1:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

I bought pigs ears on zooplus, very good value as they are MASSIVE so I want to cut them in half. It took me 10 minutes yesterday with kitchen scissors and it was extremely difficult

Would anyone recommend a good way to cut them in halves without too much trouble ? would an axe do the job ? I could do them all at once, got a bag of 21 massive ears for € 13.99 so if I get 42 ears that would work out € 0.32 per ear after my 3% discount

Not being mean here but I freaked out when I realised how much my dogs cost me per month as per previous posts :D:D:D plus they would be well abe to have a full ear each but on top of their food, it's too much, they're only greedy cockers.

Thanks all, would appreciate any tips

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

If you think piggies ears are big the cows ones are HUGE. I got a bag there on zooplus last week - it was a little bit bigger than I expected :eek: I would try and axe if you have one - thou I'm an experienced wood chopper from our coal fire days :pac:

230214.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'd recommend a vice and a hacksaw, or a jigsaw, if you have one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

tk123 wrote: »
    If you think piggies ears are big the cows ones are HUGE. I got a bag there on zooplus last week - it was a little bit bigger than I expected :eek: I would try and axe if you have one - thou I'm an experienced wood chopper from our coal fire days :pac:

230214.JPG

yes indeed cows ears are huge too but these pigs ears have to be the biggest I've ever seen, they are HUGE, no exageartion I'd say they're ALMOST sa big as cow ears I couldn't believe the size of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

What about a poultry shears? I have one for cutting up chicken carcasses and it's great
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/70082295/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

We currently have one very big dog and one small dog and a pigs ear each always causes problems, big dog can eat one and I really mean reduce one to shreds in 30 seconds and as you can imagine that caused problems as small dog would spend up to 5 minutes or more on a pigs ear.

I was thinking of cutting them up smaller with a pair of "aircraft snips" which are used for cutting sheet metal. Tin snips would be another name for them.

2102S%20Offset%20TinSnips.jpg

In the end I found pork strips in Lidl and give the small dog a pork strip and big dog a pigs ear and they both get eaten in about the same time.

Anyway as an experiment I just dug out the aircraft snips and they easily cut a pigs ear in half, only porblem is that a pair will cost you from 15-30 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

or garden secateurs?

Advertisement