Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap Flights Dublin to Bangkok

• 26-11-2012 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi!

Just wondering does anybody know any good sites to book cheap flights from Dublin to Bangkok?

Planning to head there in July 2013 so I'm hoping they might be a bit cheaper since its a good few months in advance... I just don't know where to begin and what sites to trust etc

Any help and info would be great!

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Skyscanner is probably your best bet OP. It will show you all routes and prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm planning on flying to Bangkok in February, so beginning to look into things myself. Emirates fly from Dublin to Bangkok via Dubai I think. Something in the region of 700 I think. Sky Scanners may throw up something cheaper though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

It wasnt cheap but we flew Dublin, Amsterdam, Bangkok with Aer Lingus and China Airlines last July....couldnt fault it to be honest...booked through trailfinders.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sparklyEyes111

fjp91 wrote: »
    Hi!

Just wondering does anybody know any good sites to book cheap flights from Dublin to Bangkok?

Planning to head there in July 2013 so I'm hoping they might be a bit cheaper since its a good few months in advance... I just don't know where to begin and what sites to trust etc

When in July are you going?! Im trying to get a few to come with me for the start of July but its proving difficult atm. . ! It would be nice to have some Irish people or anyone in general to be able to travel around with if friends can't afford to go!! Anyone else out there travelling to Thailand for 3/4 weeks from the beginning of July?! Please pm me, I'm dying to head there even if friends dont go in the end and I have to go by myself... female, 22 if thats a concern!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

fjp91 wrote: »
    Hi!

Last year at the Holiday World Show I was offered return flights by Turkish Airlines, through Istanbul, for about 500e. Didn't book it. Ended up paying 750e with China Airways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 shockwave bleu

Am hopefully heading for oz and the prices are mental high on all the comparison sites, they're all around €1200..anybody help ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I've seen KLM advertising flights from Dublin to Bangok for €600 at the moment. Think they route you through Amsterdam though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 freeeeezing

Am hopefully heading for oz and the prices are mental high on all the comparison sites, they're all around €1200..anybody help ? :)

Have you gone into a travel agents? I've booked my last few long flights through one and have been able to beat the prices on the comparison sites. I think the comparison sites have gotten complacent. They used to be way cheaper than actual shops. But now that most people use them anyway they're not so competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shockwave bleu

singpore airlines are near half the price of other companies but i never thought of trying a travel agen...good thinking batman (Y)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 809 ✭✭✭frankosw

Flew to Bagkok with Etihad for 800 euros.

The problem was it stopped over in Abu Dhabi then again in Mumbai which involved alot of waiting around and all together was in excess of 24 hours travelling,mumbai in particular was pretty hellish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Check out flightfox.com Heard great things about that service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

lastminute.com are great. If you say your travel dates are flexible they do up a matrix to show you the cheapest flights if you move your travel days a day or two either way. Saved me about 200 quid on my flights to thailand.

I don't find skyscanner that great as you can't book the price they show. It brings you onto the airline website or other and the price often goes up.

Also, if you can, try and book the same carrier the whole way over and get the shortest stop over time. That way you don't have to worry about making connecting flights with a short stop over time. Its a long slog from Dublin to Thailand, try and minimise it if you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Booked with SkyScanner in January, €700 return with British Airways via London, 1 hour stopovers on the way over and coming back, won't get much better than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Have a look at royal Brunei airlines great prices at the moment, flew with them a few years ago and found the inflight service brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 orac53

Malaysian Airlines to KL were the cheapest I found in January. Flight was half empty on the way home. They may still be doing deals!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sylverroy

Hello Sparklyeye and solerina, I am a 28 year old Canadian gal living in Dublin. I am traveling alone to Bangkok in July for 17 days. PM me your dates. Maybe we can hook up once there. I fly out on June 29th. I have booked with Eithad for 900 euro. Seems high I know but it's only only one connection with very short time in between and they are a great airline.

Advertisement