Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's very difficult to log out

Options
  • 26-11-2012 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭

As the title says.

Quite frankly it's easier to close your account than logout (there's a nice big close account button in the Control Panel).

No drop down menu when clicking triangle beside user name on Google Chrome.

Can only log out by deleting cookies.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

I use Chrome (on Windows and Mac) and the drop down menu under the username shows for me.

Using Version 23.0.1271.64 on Windows XP SP2, if that helps.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Maybe it depends on your skin, but there's a 'logout' button on the top of every screen for me

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Wait - I just found a tiny button at the bottom of the page beside

Copyright © 2000 - 2012 Boards.ie Limited (Hosted by Digiweb Hosting)

Which can be used to log out - but it's not obvious!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

That dropdown is activated by hovering (using javascript I imagine) not clicking - and logout is the last menu item in the dropdown.

I imagine the logout link you've found in the footer is to cater for those that have javascript disabled and therefore breaks the hover

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

That dropdown is activated by hovering (using javascript I imagine) not clicking - and logout is the last menu item in the dropdown.

I imagine the logout link you've found in the footer is to cater for those that have javascript disabled and therefore breaks the hover

Nope; javascript for me isn't disabled - just not working in this case; but apart from that you're right. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

Do you use any form of ad blocker or block external requests to Google sites more specifically googleapis.com?

We use Google as a host for some JavaScript libraries to speed up the download of these files and our site, however if you're blocking these it will look like JavaScript is disabled.

The internet without JavaScript is like a car without a steering wheel, sure it will start and run, just won't be able to do much else.

We did however place a log out link in the footer to work around this, it's not the most visible but in fairness not many people actually log out of their accounts in comparison to those whom stay logged in.

Advertisement