Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish meat gifts

Options
  • 26-11-2012 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭

Going on a trip to 'meet the parents' in January and as part of my offerings I want to bring some top notch Irish meat. The GF is from out foreign so I would have to be able to pack the stuff and it be able to survive a full day of travelling.

I was thinking some kind of aged fillet steaks, smoked salmon and maybe a black pudding....but i'd like more ideas.

What i'm looking for is advice on what Irish meat would be good to bring and also advice on how to package it.

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Regardless of whatever meat you choose, the best thing to do would probably freeze it before you head off and then only pack it (in a well insulated part of your bag) just before you leave the house. The is should stay cold for a good part of your travels.

Advertisement