Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advise for a good place to live ?

Options
  • 26-11-2012 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello all !

I'm new here.
    I recently got a job in Ireland at Swords Business Campus, Balheary Road.

Could anyone please advise me where would be a good and safe place to live at ?

I have never been to Ireland so I have no clue please help.

Plus I'm single looking to rent up to 400 EUR if possible.

Any thing that I should be aware of ? when coming to live for a while in Ireland would be helpful too, thank you all in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

Hey, there should be plenty of house share options within easy distance of the job (I work in the campus). It's also within walking distance of Swords which has plenty of bars, shops, restaurants, etc.)

For starters, look up accomodation in Applewood. Large estate, very nearby.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Hello all !

I'm new here.
    I recently got a job in Ireland at Swords Business Campus, Balheary Road.

Could anyone please advise me where would be a good and safe place to live at ?

I have never been to Ireland so I have no clue please help.

Plus I'm single looking to rent up to 400 EUR if possible.

Any thing that I should be aware of ? when coming to live for a while in Ireland would be helpful too, thank you all in advance.

Artane, Dublin 5 is not too far aware from that area. Its a short bus ride into town from there aswell along the Malahide road, has a shopping centre, local pub, newsagents, community hall, etc.

Rents are very reasonable there too, you would have no problem renting out a double room for 400e there.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Artane would be a nightmare to get to Swords on public transport from though.

When I worked there in the mists of time (2005ish) most of my colleagues lived in Applewood.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Look on rent.ie , and daft.ie for rent swords , just look for 1bed flat ,or room for rent in swords area.
    ARTANE is too far, traffic is very heavy in rush hour in that area.OR else look for a room , in santry ,nice quiet area, on direct bus route to swords .its a few miles from swords.

Advertisement