Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

logs in balbriggan

Options
  • 26-11-2012 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

does anyone know where "the log man" went to?
    he was always in a jeep with a trailer between balrothery and balbriggan on the way into brig. we always bought logs on a sunday.. haven't seen him there for a while.
    anyone know of anywhere else to get 3 bags of logs for a tenner?
    cheers :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

One of the guys I work gave me some 'briquettes' that they use in Lithunia. Very pleasantly surprised. They have the feel of glued sawdust but burn for ages and the heat is equivalant to that of good coal and had sod all residue. The logs I was burning before were crap as they werent fully dried out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

we use a wood stove, so can only use wood. i dry the logs out before i use them in the stove, and they're grand for the most part!

Thats what these were designed for but I use them in the open fire.
    If ya want I will drop you down a few and see what ya think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

bcmf wrote: »
    One of the guys I work gave me some 'briquettes' that they use in Lithunia. Very pleasantly surprised. They have the feel of glued sawdust but burn for ages and the heat is equivalant to that of good coal and had sod all residue. The logs I was burning before were crap as they werent fully dried out.

Can these be purchased locally, I have a wood-burner as well, and even well dried logs burn out quite quickly. also Price?? Thanks.

Check your pm Martin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭gripcasey

I get 3 bags of logs for €9 dropped to the door. If want PM me

Advertisement