Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 Week 13 Results

Options
  • 26-11-2012 3:23pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans beat the Texans in an early morning game...
    Not pretty much C2J gets 90 yards rushing and 1 TD but also gets over 200 yards receiving and a TD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Eagles @ Cowboys
    Another tight NFC East clash between these two, finishes 24-21 to the 'Boys after Eagles score Kate TD to get an onside attempt.
    Keys to the game
    After one long TD run, 'slightly' bottled up McCoy
    Eventually slowed down Celek
    Injured Maclin
    3 sacks for the beast Ware
    No INT for Romo
    Murray running amok

Good game Ian, good chatting.
    Best of luck with season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Managed to beat Luke 20-14.

Really good game with both of us having good offences. 14-14 going in at half time then I had a long drive that took up nearly most of the 3rd quarter but ended taking a field goal at the 4 yard line. Luke wasn't able to get much going and I think had to punt once with me having a 3 and out between them. Then I was able to run down the clock with another long drive which was stopped on the yard line with 24 seconds left and I took a FG. Luke had one great pass and got out of bounds, still at his own 46 though with 10 seconds left. Ended up throwing a pick.

Great game Luke, too bad one of our headsets wasn't working properly.

Brees still on a cold streak despite a QB rating of 122. :s

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

You injured Jackson, not Maclin, Maclin i could care less about in relation to DeSean but great game just couldn't stop your run

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

So, the Panthers went to Arrowhead, my personal favourite NFL stadium, and I'm pretty sure Berty's a fan too.

Quarter 1:
    The Panthers received the ball but went 3 and out. The Chiefs too went 3 and out. After a nice Panthers 3rd down conversion Stewart dodged many defenders who seemed to be running wildly to score on a 57 yard TD run. Panthers 7-0 Chiefs

Quarter 2:
    After Captain Munnerlyn intercepted Matt Cassel, Cam Newton worked it into FG range but threw a bad pick to Stanford Routt, who returned it to just short of midfield. Charles took the ball and ran 55 yards for a score.
    Panthers 7-7 Chiefs

Jonathan Stewart worked the Panthers to midfield, and Steve Smith caught a 40 yard pass down to the 3 yard line, and Jonathan Stewart ran it in from there.
    Panthers 14-7 Chiefs

The Panthers forced a Chiefs punt and took advantage just as the half ended with a 41 yard FG.
    Panthers 17-7 Chiefs

Quarter 3:
    On the second play from scrimmage of the second half, Jamaal Charles took it 76 yards for the score.
    Panthers 17-14 Chiefs

After some more Jonathan Stewart, on a third and 15 on their own 33, the Chiefs were eager to cover the short catch and run, and Louis Murphy caught them out deep over the middle for a 33 yard TD grab.
    Panthers 24-14 Chiefs

Quarter 4:
    The Chiefs, despite being down 2 scores, handed it to Jamaal Charles, but Jon Beason knocked the ball loose and Sherrod Martin took it 25 yards for a TD.
    Panthers 31-14 Chiefs

The Chiefs rallied downfield for a late consolation FG, and they didn't even try to onside kick and that was that.

Final Score: Panthers 31-17 Chiefs

Stats:
    Cam Newton was 12 of 16 for 143 yards, a pick and a TD.
    Matt Cassel was 9 of 16 for 72 yards and a pick.

Jonathan Stewart carried the ball 24 times for 149 yards and 2 TDs.
    Jamaal Charles had 14 carries for 152 yards and 2 TDs, but also a critical fumble.

Steve Smith had 6 catches for 76 yards, Louis Murphy had 3 catches for 46 yards and a TD, while Edwards had 2 for 16 yards, and Olsen 1 for 5 yards.
    For the Chiefs, Moeaki had 5 catches for 31 yards, McCluster had 1 for 26 yards, Charles had 2 for 9 yards, and Bowe had one for 6 yards.

On the defensive side, Beason had a forced fumble, Martin a recovery, Munnerlyn an interception, but no sacks.

For the Chiefs Routt had an interception and Johnson a sack.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nice win Matthew

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lions ease past the colts, 41-14 thanks mainly to 7 turnovers.

The Lions raced out to a 17 points lead, before the Coltsd added a TD before HT, then first play of the second half Stafford sack fumble, recovered and returned for a TD 17-14.

The Lions set about rebuilding the lead and as I said every time the Colts looked to be putting something together Luck would throw a pick.

Colts were very unlucky, best of luck for the rest of the season.

Great win Matthew, adds more fuel to the fire that the NFC South is the toughest division in the league. Looks like me and you might be battling it out for the division title on the last day of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Raoul wrote: »
    Managed to beat Luke 20-14.

Really good game with both of us having good offences. 14-14 going in at half time then I had a long drive that took up nearly most of the 3rd quarter but ended taking a field goal at the 4 yard line. Luke wasn't able to get much going and I think had to punt once with me having a 3 and out between them. Then I was able to run down the clock with another long drive which was stopped on the yard line with 24 seconds left and I took a FG. Luke had one great pass and got out of bounds, still at his own 46 though with 10 seconds left. Ended up throwing a pick.

Great game Luke, too bad one of our headsets wasn't working properly.

Brees still on a cold streak despite a QB rating of 122. :s

Yeah I'm disappointed with not capitalising on my chances. When I picked you off I didn't score any points. Also my OL was a joke lol. You had a good game I thought, both defense and offense played pretty well. I think I'm going to have to win my 2 remaining divisional games to have any chance of the playoffs.

Oh and btw it's my mic, it's been dodgy for a while. Hopefully I can get a new one soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Lawrence Spoiled Steamroller

Titans beat the Texans in an early morning game...
    Not pretty much C2J gets 90 yards rushing and 1 TD but also gets over 200 yards receiving and a TD
    Boo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

adrian522 wrote: »
    Lions ease past the colts, 41-14 thanks mainly to 7 turnovers.

The Lions raced out to a 17 points lead, before the Coltsd added a TD before HT, then first play of the second half Stafford sack fumble, recovered and returned for a TD 17-14.

The Lions set about rebuilding the lead and as I said every time the Colts looked to be putting something together Luck would throw a pick.

Colts were very unlucky, best of luck for the rest of the season.

Thanks but i would'nt say i was unlucky, 7 interceptions didnt help but no excuses, best team won by a mile, to many offensive weapons for my defence to deal with.

Also lost another defender through injury, bethea had to leave the game early, thats 5 now since i took the colts over :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Yep Matthew and his Panthers deservedly beat my Chiefs. Very disappointed with my defending in the game. The Chiefs are certainly no Jets when it comes to defence. My user skill was also very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

You did a fairly decent job in some facets of individual defense, but it just let you down once or twice, like when your CB ran into one of his own in a very crowded middle of the field to free up Smith for the 40 yard catch and run.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

VIKINGS 37 - PACKERS 28

''Vikings manage to turn things around and hold on to that win in a fumble frenzy.''

Passing:
    Rodgers 11 - 22 / 226 yds / 4td - 2 int
    Ponder 6 - 16 / 119 yds / 1td - 3int

Rushing:

Vikings -

Peterson 225 yds / 2 tds
    Addai 57 yds / 1 td
    Packers -
    Benson 22 yds
    Rodgers 79 yds

Receiving:

Vikings -

Simpson 127 yds / 1 td
    Packers -
    Jennings 52 yds / 1 td
    Finley 52yds / 1 td
    Jones 78 yds / 1 td
    Cobb 24 yds / 1 td

Defense:

Vikings -
    Brinkley 3 sacks
    Robinson 2 sacks
    Merriman 2 sacks
    Burton 2 Ints
    Packers -
    Matthews 2 sacks
    Worthy 1 sack
    Raji 1 sack
    Woodson 1 int
    Williams 1 int
    Bishop 1 int

Good game Nelbert.

Is it too early to start looking at who will be in the playoffs?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Im gonna be there :D

Jags, Chiefs, Jets anyway on the AFC side..

Titans.. maybe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Is it too early to start looking at who will be in the playoffs?
    Dave with his Jets, and whomever Dave would like to join him in the playoffs. :/

AFC looks like this:
    1. Jets 11 - 0
    2. Jags 10 - 1
    3. Chiefs 9 - 3
    4. Ravens 8 - 3

Wildcards:
    5. Titans 8 - 4
    6. Texans 7 - 5

In the Hunt:
    7. Steelers 7 - 4
    8. Browns 5 - 6
    9. Patriots 5 - 6

Really hard to see the Browns or Patriots getting in. So I believe that the playoff set up is all decided here apart from the Ravens, Steelers, Titans and the Texans.

Ravens and Steelers are battling for the division title while the loser of that title will be vying for a wildcard spot which is between themselves, the Texans and the Titans. Ravens have already beaten the Steelers once this year (in a tight 17-12 match) and these teams meet in this gameweek which in my opinion will decide the division. Both the Steelers and the Texans have beaten the Titans, so by no means are the Titans "gonna be there" for sure.

EDIT - Texans are CPU and will most likely be beaten in each game from now on, happy Heli?

As for the NFC:
    1. Redskins 10 - 1
    2. Packers 9 - 3
    3. Saints 9 - 3
    4. San Francisco 7 - 4

Wildcards:
    5. Panthers 9 - 3
    6. Bears 7 - 5

In the Hunt:
    7. Falcons 7 - 5
    8. Vikings 6 - 6
    9. Cowboys 6 - 6

Two divisions sown up here I think. Redskins are in, 49ers are in. Can't see any of the teams in the respective divisions catching up, sorry guys.

The NFC North is interesting. Packers are 9-3 however Paddy had a 2 week sabbatical and since then has been back with a vengeance. He is also an extremely experienced player who has guaranteed his playoff position previously on the last day of the season. I can see him not only taking one of the wildcard spots but winning the division. With the Packers unfortunately on a downward spiral at the moment with a 2 game losing streak, I can see them battling for one of the wildcard spots.

The NFC South (toughest division in the league??). It is a battle between the Saints and the Panthers here and the Saints have struck the first blow with a 24 - 21 win in week 2 and currently hold a 4 - 0 divison record, if the Saints continue on their five game winning streak, I really can't look past them for the title. That leaves the Panthers, who in my opinion are one of the most inform teams in the league, 4 game winning streak the last of which is against one of the most winningest coaches in the league, Berty! Hard to look past them to pick up a wildcard spot.

Unfortunately for the guys in the hunt, its going to be tough, you are going to be relying on big times making big mistakes. Luke has proven time and time again he is a top player but has a losing record in the division, he will be pushing the Bears and Packers and hoping to take advantage of any blip they have in the remainder of his season. But with divisional games against the Panthers and the Saints, this won't be an easy task.

Texans are now CPU Raoul.. i cant see them making the play offs, I'd imagine they'll be beaten in each game from now on

Texans are now CPU Raoul.. i cant see them making the play offs, I'd imagine they'll be beaten in each game from now on

Cheers Heli, crap all over my work. Delete both posts please :mad:.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Two divisions sown up here I think. Redskins are in, 49ers are in. Can't see any of the teams in the respective divisions catching up, sorry.

Woo hoo! First time in the playoffs (hopes he hasn't spoke too soon)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I can go to 9-7 if I win out, probably wont and even if I do probably wont be good enough, but I do still have to play Atlanta, Green Bay and Chicago.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Bengals rack up another CPU based win against chargers

Truely dreadful season!

Leading way in Turnovers.... 44 so far

Those are your main three contenders for that position and they have tough divisional games so its not out of the question but it would be extremely tough.

NekoChan wrote: »
    Bengals rack up another CPU based win against chargers

Truely dreadful season!

Leading way in Turnovers.... 44 so far

Do you regret taking the Bengals? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Do you regret taking the Bengals? :(

Yes & No...

I think its more to do with me not settling in with them...offensively at any rate.
    Defense has been mostly great - a lot of points against come from the turnovers

I may need to goof around with different offensive play book over the off season.
    Will have to see were draft takes me. Because of poor performance losing a few good players to FA as well :rolleyes:

I tried to play around with different offensive playbooks at the start of this season but I had used the Lions playbook for the past two maddens, so I found it really hard to settle into a different one. Plus I had built the way I play around what plays the Lions had and I knew it inside out. I know on 3rd and long what exact choices for plays I have. I know on 3rd and short what I am going to use.

Moral of the story is, pick one playbook, use it and know what you are going to do for each situation. Nothing worse than picking a play and then when a WR is running his route, you throw it and don't realise as soon as you throw it he was on an out route and you have thrown it straight to a CB just standing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I quite like the bengals play book from the fantasy draft league, offensively I like it better than Sf's. need to do like Raoul and have set third and long plays, that actually might work out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jaguars 36-0 CPU Bills.

Game was over by half time. Although I had some serious injury scares, my 4 best players, MJD, Daryl Smith, Rashean Mathis and Greg Jones all had injuries, thankfully MJD, Smith and Mathis were ok, but Greg Jones my FB broke ribs and is out for 2 weeks, it will be interesting to see how this affects my run game vs the Jets.

Jags move to 11-1 with their 2nd consecutive shut-out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Redskins 58 - 21 Giants

The Washington Redskins sealed the NFC East with a victory over the Giants which could have been a lot different! At 14-14 with 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, Eli Manning was sacked, fumbled and RG3 made him pay 3 pays later. On Manning's next play, he was sacked, fumbled, and RG3 again made him pay. The Giants then threw a pick 6 so the half time score read 35-14 when it could easily have been 14-14.

The Redskins got to grips with the Giants Offense midway through the the third quarter and shut them down after that, forcing picks and fumbles and not allowing any more points.

Thanks a lot for the game Empacher. It wasn't your day at all!!

RG3 is the man!!!!

Advertisement