Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 Week 13 Results

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

31 20 to the Steelers in Baltimore. A close game for most of the day, but once I went behind by two scores I couldn't reel him in. Big Ben had a huge day, as did the steelers running game, even without Mendenhall.

Thanks for the game and the chat Etlovelsd. We are even at 8-4 atop the division, but I currently lead by virtue of my better divisional record. It's simple from here on out, win more games then the other guy and the division is yours. That said, whoever comes second should be safely in a wildcard spot since the Texans will drop most of their remaining games.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    31 20 to the Steelers in Baltimore. A close game for most of the day, but once I went behind by two scores I couldn't reel him in. Big Ben had a huge day, as did the steelers running game, even without Mendenhall.

Thanks for the game and the chat Etlovelsd. We are even at 8-4 atop the division, but I currently lead by virtue of my better divisional record. It's simple from here on out, win more games then the other guy and the division is yours. That said, whoever comes second should be safely in a wildcard spot since the Texans will drop most of their remaining games.

It was a great game, two plays swung it for me, the pick 6 and the the 3rd and long conversion.

It's a shame I missed the first game.

I would say I have the softer run in as I have a CPU game and you have Ben in his love interest RGIII.

If the season ended today we would both be in, not bad considering not many people picked two play off teams from our division.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Team|1|2|3|4|Final
    Team Gronk|0|7|7|5|19
    Miami|0|6|0|3|9

Phewww, back to winning ways, still in the hunt for a wildcard spot. Brady picked up 336 yards and 2 TD's, both to his bestest buddy in the WHOLE world, Gronkasaurus. Gronk had 105 yards on 9 catches with those two TD's. Lloyd, Ridley and Welker all had over 50 yards. Brandon Spikes got banged up forcing a fumble and he is out for the rest of the season.
    Miami picked up 3 field goals and no more.
    Patriots CB "Ras-I Dowling" (Yeah, I've never heard of him either), got a safety on the last play of the game. CPU was down by 8 at their own 1 yard line, cue 6 DB's, 1 LB's and 3 D-Line all being adjusted to drop into deep zone's. Tannehill is looking...still looking.....no pressure coming....still looking.....jukes to the right....I take control of a DB just before the half way mark and make a beeline for him. Tannehill is still looking....O-Line are ready to block....Tannehill is still look...then the O-Line just let me through to tackle him.

Anyway the most important thing, is that #87 is still top of the total receiving yards chart :cool:

and the win, I guess that is kind of important. :o

On pace to smash Jerry Rice's most receiving yards in a season. An average 84 yards in the last 4 games will do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

After much smack talk between the two teams. The jets came out as winners in this one 38-10.

The cardinals went 10-0 up in the first quarter but in the 2 and quarter the Jets but together 2 long drives for touchdowns to go 14-7 up. The Cardinals then got intercepted with 55 second left in the half. The Jets are on there own 28 yard line and drive it up the field for a score. Now theres only 15 seconds left on the clock. The cardinals try PA and throw it double coverage and Aaron Maybin run's it for a pick 6 28-10 at the half! Massive swing!

The 3 rd quarter sees the jets kick off to Patrick peterson who fumbles the kick off ! :eek: the Jets recover and kick a field goal to go up by 21 points. The jets score again to make it 38-10 and thats how it finishes.

THe cardinals were not helped with Dockett at LE and Washington at MLB going out of the game. Huge blow's for the Card's D , which early doors but QB nacho under alot of pressure...

Cheers for the game and the Banter mate! See ya in the superbowl !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Niners got whipped by the much improved Rams, couldn't get it together at all, nothing went right at all for me, score was 3-7 and I forced a safety to make it 5-7 with 1.10 left in the half and the half time score was 21-5. I just don't know what happened! I saw everything when I swear it was some kinda ballerina intercepted the ball single handedly whilst leaping gracefully through the air! I think the two of us were gonked! Anyway Rams played very well, I made bad passes, couldn't get to Bradford the whole game, he made good passes, Moss has taken up playing receiver with no arms and I really need to get some kinda play book slash game plan together. Finished 40 something to 12. Disaster for the niners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Crazy the amount of games this week that have had multiple scores in the last 2 mins of the half!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Rams 45 - 49ers 12

Rams stun the 49ers as well as themselves with a win pulled out of nowhere.

Bradford went on one of his streaky game were he could do no wrong, (watch now as he becomes sh!te against the Bills), as he went 11 of 21 for 270yds 4 tds and 0 int.
    The run game for both teams was nonexistent as we both ran for less than 100yds each.
    Davis for the 49ers had a monster game with 6 catches for 123yds.

1st Qtr.
    Possession changes hands and the Rams pound the ball till Jackson hauls in a 4yd TD pass.

2nd Qtr.
    Akers boots a field goal and then Lee punts a ball into the 3yd line and the Rams concede a safety.

7-5 Rams.

Then it got crazy. Logan collects a pass and sprints 57yds for the TD.
    Then Jenkins jumps a route and ONE HANDED JUMP SPIN PICKS the ball. Both mics fall silent as we are speechless at the pick.
    Bradford then finds Quick in the end zone for the score.

3rd Qtr.
    Back and forth till a Zuerlein FG.

4th Qtr.
    Smith connects with Crabtree on a long pass and its game on.
    Kickoff and the ball is kicked into the Rams endzone. Amendola starts running and takes it to the house for a 102yd kickoff return. He then improves his day as he brings in a pass and makes it 60yds for the score.
    Jackson adds a 2yd run at the end (apologises for that!!!)

What a great game.
    Well pleased with the result after 2 poor games by me in my mind.
    I dont know who was more surprised me or the Niners!!!

Good luck with the rest of the season and hope it didnt damage your playoff hopes too much

Advertisement