Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fugu T9 Tablet - 9.7 inch Intel Oak Trail z670 CPU

Options
  • 26-11-2012 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone heard anything about the release of these tablets?
    I was expecting them out in September, then October.
    I can only find them online for 100 pieces, $36.80 per piece ($3,680).

I'm guessing they should be available to buy at around €80 (I was told on another forum by someone who claims they have purchased one from a US retailer, in America, he bought it for $90)

I haven't yet seen them available for individual sale and i really really want one :D.

If anyone knows where i can buy one, could they please post a link. Thanks.
    I've tried Aliexpress, HKG, McBub, Pandawill and a few others.

For anyone that hasn't seen them yet..

tablet-5.jpg

LINK

tablet-1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I'm afraid you have some zero's missing from the price Allyall!

If you google for it under it's full name of "E-King Talent T9" you'll get more hits.

$628 is the cheapest I have found it after a quick search.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Do-more wrote: »
    I'm afraid you have some zero's missing from the price Allyall!

If you google for it under it's full name of "E-King Talent T9" you'll get more hits.

$628 is the cheapest I have found it after a quick search.

Nope, it's definitely the lower side of €150. I'm expecting it to be below €100. I don't know what that is, but maybe they're pricing it on the premise it's a Windows 8 Tablet.

Although if i google the Eking now, it's bringing up the same images, and the $600+ price tag :confused::confused:
    Maybe lower spec in the original/early models. :confused:

I now can't find the links for the one at the price i mentioned. I'm going to go back and search. But Definitely wasn't up in the $100's per piece.
    A guy on SD says he has bought one, and he paid $90 for it.

I was keeping an eye out for it since end of July/August. Not religiously, but every now and then. I found similar looking tablets that claim the same things, but that was it.

..Off i google..

EDIT:

Right, something weird here. I can't even find the 100 pieces i was looking at yesterday, that i pretty much quoted in the OP.. And i deleted my fecking history.. This is going to bug me no end..

This is doing my head in..

Allyall if you look at the second line in the link you provided it even mentions the E King Talent brand name. You can't even buy the processor and ram that's in it for $36! Never mind all the other components and then build it into the "World's thinnest tablet" I don't know what the guy on Slatedroid bought for $90 but it either wasn't the tablet in your link or the best mis-price in history.

Would love if you found a sub $150 tab capable of running Win8 properly I'd be in for one for sure.

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    Allyall if you look at the second line in the link you provided it even mentions the E King Talent brand name. You can't even buy the processor and ram that's in it for $36! Never mind all the other components and then build it into the "World's thinnest tablet" I don't know what the guy on Slatedroid bought for $90 but it either wasn't the tablet in your link or the best mis-price in history.

Would love if you found a sub $150 tab capable of running Win8 properly I'd be in for one for sure.

I know. Reading over it all, it's not making any sense to me. But this week was the first time i saw a price on them, and it was $3,680 for 100 pieces. It said $36.80 per piece, but you couldn't buy individually. Presumably, that price would be so the reseller can put a healthy enough profit on it. Guy on SD said it was "slightly different", but it was $90. It does sound cheap, but not crazy cheap.

The thing that's doing my head in most, is that i can't even find the fecking page i was looking at yesterday! :mad:

YEEEAAARRGGGHH!! Bleedin' internet doesn't know anything. Bring back newspapers, with ads. That way i can rummage in the bin if necessary.

All that said, $628 is ludicrous. World's thinnest isn't really going to make me want to spend an extra $400 than i would be prepared for that tablet. Half of Android apps wouldn't work properly yet on that architecture (but Intel are expected to bring out updates over the next year), making it pretty useless on the Android front. Windows/Ubuntu Tablet ~ $628 on a brand that i have no real comeback, and probably some crap warranty.. No thanks.

Incidentally, $36.80 isn't really groundbreaking price (better example) when you are buying in bulk, but i do agree, i probably saw a misprice, or they accidentally posted the FOB price, as that of the tablet, seeing as everywhere else it's mentioned it's $500+

Slightly off topic
    The cube can run Ubuntu without a glitch, and with the next gen tablets having pico projectors built in, a cheap windows tablet won't be too far away now. Friend of mine usesUbuntu on cube, behind his TV and using splashtop, never has to touch it. because it's ubuntu, and not Android he can stream from some of the websites that we shan't mention here.

To me, that is one of the main advantages a windows tablet might have over android.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

OP

Aliexpress supplier - prices to good to be true - ringing any bells ?
    Regarding the Fugu T9 Tablet - 9.7 inch Intel Oak Trail z670 CPU
    The manufacturer is sending me a quote on that and will update this thread when I hear back from them .

• Advertisement

Jarren wrote: »
    OP

Aliexpress supplier - prices to good to be true - ringing any bells ?
    Regarding the Fugu T9 Tablet - 9.7 inch Intel Oak Trail z670 CPU
    The manufacturer is sending me a quote on that and will update this thread when I hear back from them .

Yep, they do have prices that fit that description sometimes, and remove them. But the seller had good ratings, and had many other ads. They obviously removed them all, i can't even get them in google cached pages.
    I'm assuming they were removed because of misprice, not the seller trying to pull a fast one. They seem to be on Ali Baba, but you have to log in, to get a quote.

I am going mad, i'll be in the madhouse by the end of the day...

Cheers for that. Cool if you get a reply and post it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Update

`
    I received that email from the manufacurer of FUGU T9

The price is 645USD which I think does not justifie the total value of this item.

Jarren wrote: »
    Update

`
    I received that email from the manufacurer of FUGU T9

The price is 645USD which I think does not justifie the total value of this item.

Arse. I would maybe pay €200. Can't see many people buying it at that price.
    Interested in the integrated SSD though. Easy enough to replace? Looks it.
    Also it's able to take a MicroSD up to 128GB..

Wonder if i had the cash, would it have been honoured at the price i saw it... Or would i have immediately been refunded..

I reckon these tablets are going to sit in their warehouse for a year, until they start to reduce the price. You may get one or two people buying them, but feck all..

Allyall wrote: »
    Wonder if i had the cash, would it have been honoured at the price i saw it... Or would i have immediately been refunded...

Or would you have lost all your money? ;)

There is a market for a reasonably priced Chinese tab powerful enough to run Win8 Pro, as you say around the $200 price ex-China so after customs and the price of Win8 it should be standing you around €250, something like this but a $100 cheaper!

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement