Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC with criminal record

Options
  • 26-11-2012 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi, I have a record for possession & cultivation and I'm trying to get into Canada on the IEC in 2013. I just got my police report back this morning which shows my cultivation/possession (I got a suspended sentence). I'm not eligible for the deemed rehabilitation or individual rehabilitation. I have only one chance at getting in to the country (going to be too old next time around) and my long-term girlfriend just got her report back which is clean so if I don't get a visa we're going to have to make a hard decision. She's a graduate and I used to work in construction so the future in Ireland isn't very bright for us.
    Basically I'm desperate to find a way around the situation. Is it hopeless? Do people with criminal records always get rejected? Does anyone know of anyone with a police report showing convictions that got in? Do I have any other options? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

hardwood wrote: »
    Hi, I have a record for possession & cultivation and I'm trying to get into Canada on the IEC in 2013. I just got my police report back this morning which shows my cultivation/possession (I got a suspended sentence). I'm not eligible for the deemed rehabilitation or individual rehabilitation. I have only one chance at getting in to the country (going to be too old next time around) and my long-term girlfriend just got her report back which is clean so if I don't get a visa we're going to have to make a hard decision. She's a graduate and I used to work in construction so the future in Ireland isn't very bright for us.
    Basically I'm desperate to find a way around the situation. Is it hopeless? Do people with criminal records always get rejected? Does anyone know of anyone with a police report showing convictions that got in? Do I have any other options? Thanks.

Possession is a big one for Canadians! I know some1 who forgot to produce his car insurance within 10 days at there local Garda station, which led to them going to court and given some stupid fine that went on record!

Long story short.. People get refused for not producing car insurance. I'd say you need not even apply. Australia will probilly let you in tho! I know lots a criminals there. ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

hardwood wrote: »

Yeah it’s not looking to good I’m afraid. If I was in your shoes I would attach a personal explanation giving your side of the storey. Also point out that ( if in your case) it was a once of thing, totally out of character & it’s something that you wouldn’t dream of doing again.

Have a butchers at the check list from the work permit down load area, that ive attached below.In the police certificate slote it allows for an explanation. worth a shot:confused:.

Advertisement