Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Toy Show

Options
  • 26-11-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Thought this was a good idea for a thread.

Cant wait for Friday night :) As much as everyone hates Tubs , I actually love him!

My Bestie and I (25 and 26!) are having a sleepover at mine , like two big kids we are!

Stocked up on Wine and Sweets and Romantica and getting take out for dinner so we are going to be on the couch for the night! Im really looking forward to it

I have my first Christmas party then Saturday so this will get us in the mood

Will you be watching? Is it a big deal in your house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Gotta love the toy show all right. No matter who's presenting it's usually one or two of the kids who steal the show. And there's always a toy or two that act up on Tubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

We always watch the toy show in our house even though my younger brother is 14 we still all watch it it is normally good and gets everyone in the christmas mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Have to watch the Toy Show. It is an institution. Will be putting the tree up on Friday and then sitting down in the Snuggie with some wine or hot choc by the fire to watch Tubs make a twat of himself!!!!

I am going to throw this out though. BRING BACK DUSTIN :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

hdowney wrote: »

I am going to throw this out though. BRING BACK DUSTIN :)

Go on you good thing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I will definitely be watching this on Friday, can't wait for it :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I can not wait for it!!
    The 3 year old and I are going to get take away and make popcorn and have a big treat of a night:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Can't wait! :) Our first Christmas as husband and wife, we'll be putting up the tree and eating lots of junk while watching it. Happy days :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

We usually watch it at home but will be baby sitting two little children as their parents are going to the show! Jammy gits.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I so want tickets:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

TOYSHOW!:D Putting up tree night!!:D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Watching Die Hard 1&2 instead, way more Christmassy than The Toy Show and no Billy Barry kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MattMurphyCork

I'm in my 20s and I'm still looking forward to it! Hope the standard of musical guest picks up a bit though. I'm sick of looking at Jedward..

Saw this on Twitter this morning: The Late Late Toyshow Drinking Game 2012.

Might try it, but I'd say I'd be hammered about half an hour in..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Going to get a take away, open a bottle of wine, have ice cream and cuddle up with the husband on the sofa watching the toy show. Love it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Make sure ye follow thread on the tv forum, always a great laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

I will pay a fortune if I got tickets....would be a dream come true :D

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

I'm in my 20s and I'm still looking forward to it! Hope the standard of musical guest picks up a bit though. I'm sick of looking at Jedward..

Im loving this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

adamski8 wrote: »

Definitely, was just going to post that! Great laugh!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Babysitting the boyfriends nephew and neice that night so they're going to be allowed stay up late with me and watch it with popcorn and sweets! Can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

adamski8 wrote: »
    leahyl wrote: »
    Definitely, was just going to post that! Great laugh!:D

Yeah my favourite part is following the thread in After Hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

I love this, once its on you know its xmassy time, I always try my best not to miss it! :D Not a big fan of Turbidy tbh, but after watching last years one and seeing that hes actually so bad hes good on it its actually funnier!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

skeg16 wrote: »
    I will pay a fortune if I got tickets....would be a dream come true :D

Luck of the draw.

You apply to RTE for tickets,and then RTE do a draw (due to massive public demand for tickets) and who ever they pull out of the tumbler gets an invite/tickets to the Toy Show.:)

http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/toyshow2012.html

Tickets are NON TRANSFERABLE...so they cant be sold on for profit.;)

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    I love this, once its on you know its xmassy time, I always try my best not to miss it! :DNot a big fan of Turbidy tbh, but after watching last years one and seeing that hes actually so bad hes good on it its actually funnier!

What does Ryan Turbidys presenting skills,sense of humor and last years Christmass turkey have in common??

Both were/are as dry as fcuk.;):D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Tubridy has got to be an improvement on Kenny in fairness. He looks ridiculous in a christmas jumper and that just adds to it for me.
    The 4 year old will be having an afternoon snooze and staying up with us to watch it. Really look forward to it every year. The tree goes up then on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Brenville

All excited for Friday. Son 5 will be showing a toy. Sent in dvd and he got called for audition and got it.

There is a scam going at the moment.

You get sent a text from a number claiming to be The Late Late Show.

You are told to call another number for your tickets.

The number is a premium rate number and is a hoax number,and nothing to to with RTE at all..

Its a con job set up by a fraudster and he tricks you out of your money,via this premium rate number.

RTE have made a public statement today that they DO NOT inform people by text about Toy Show tickets.

If anyone gets a text about the Toy Show then simply IGNORE IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Settoinvisible

DEFINITELY trying this.

T'was that dire 3 years ago, it put me into labour. No joke! <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

The title should be changed to the LLTS 2012.If this is the official friday night thread.
    Anyway its going to be good i hope.
    Jellybeans anyone?

• Advertisement

jimmynokia wrote: »
    The title should be changed to the LLTS 2012.If this is the official friday night thread.
    Anyway its going to be good i hope.
    Jellybeans anyone?

I hope to god that those 2 Jedward tw^ts are not on it.:pac::rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement