Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW BUILD - WHICH CASE SHOULD I CHOOSE - SILVERSTONE TJ11/ CORSAIR 800D - HELP NEEDED

Options
  • 26-11-2012 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi There

Titles says it all looking for a large case to provide me with plenty of rooms for water cooling loops and mods,

What would you guys recommend??
    :D
    SILVERSTONE TJ11 OR CORSAIR 800D

Best
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Hi There

Titles says it all looking for a large case to provide me with plenty of rooms for water cooling loops and mods,

What would you guys recommend??
    :D
    SILVERSTONE TJ11 OR CORSAIR 800D

Best
    G

As a direct comparison in terms of quality there is only one winner there - thats the TJ11. But its not really a direct competitor as the TJ11 is about Eur150 dearer!

TJ07 would be the one to consider across from the 800d and would be a better build quality that the 800d. The TJ07/11 are made from one moulded sheet of aluminium where as the 800D is hard plastic. I like the hot swap drives in the 800D.

There has been alot of talk about the release of the 900d over the last couple of months. Was originally slatted for an October release date but no sign of it yet. If it was going to be out before xmas would be nearly out at this stage.

Edit: Just a note as well that the TJ11 used the same layout as the Fortress line of cases in that the motherboard is turned 90degrees and the connections are out the top. The idea of this was to increase air flow but since this is generally a watercooled case and the rads are on the bottom I am not sure of the value.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lawofnature

deejer wrote: »
    As a direct comparison in terms of quality there is only one winner there - thats the TJ11. But its not really a direct competitor as the TJ11 is about Eur150 dearer!

TJ07 would be the one to consider across from the 800d and would be a better build quality that the 800d. The TJ07/11 are made from one moulded sheet of aluminium where as the 800D is hard plastic. I like the hot swap drives in the 800D.

There has been alot of talk about the release of the 900d over the last couple of months. Was originally slatted for an October release date but no sign of it yet. If it was going to be out before xmas would be nearly out at this stage.

Edit: Just a note as well that the TJ11 used the same layout as the Fortress line of cases in that the motherboard is turned 90degrees and the connections are out the top. The idea of this was to increase air flow but since this is generally a watercooled case and the rads are on the bottom I am not sure of the value.

Hi There

Many Thanks for your guidance, just one more question. Im thinkning of going with the ASUS Rampage 4 extreme 2011 Mobo. Would the TJ11 be able to accommodate a EATX board as it doesn't say it can??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

If its in the budget, I would go with the TJ11 as well. Though I am biased-I have a FT02 anf the TJ11 is definitely my next case (unless Caselabs stop taking the piss with $180+ shipping, which is unlikely :( ).

Silverstone cases are amazingly well built, have a removable m.board tray and IIRC the TJ11 is completely rivet free, so its easier to dismantle & mod it. Also it will take extended ATX no problem.

BTW if you plan on spending upwards of €400, you should look at a little devil LD PC-V8 or similar.

glynf wrote: »
    If its in the budget, I would go with the TJ11 as well. Though I am biased-I have a FT02 anf the TJ11 is definitely my next case (unless Caselabs stop taking the piss with $180+ shipping, which is unlikely :( ).

Silverstone cases are amazingly well built, have a removable m.board tray and IIRC the TJ11 is completely rivet free, so its easier to dismantle & mod it. Also it will take extended ATX no problem.

BTW if you plan on spending upwards of €400, you should look at a little devil LD PC-V8 or similar.

HI THERE

Many thanks Mate for the help, Have another question for you, What sort of water cooling loop would you recon To go with for the TJ11, I mean in terms of radiators, and Space for water cooling, RAM,GPU AND CPU will there be plenty of room ? as it looks abit tight to be honest?
    ]Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

No probs. I'm a WC virgin, so maybe not the best to advise:)

From what I have read/researched, it will fit a 4x140mm & 2x140mm fan form factor rads in the bottom compartment, which should be more than enough for 2 x 680's/7970's and a 3930K. It will also fit 120mm radiator to the top exhaust if needed.

• Advertisement

glynf wrote: »
    No probs. I'm a WC virgin, so maybe not the best to advise:)

From what I have read/researched, it will fit a 4x140mm & 2x140mm fan form factor rads in the bottom compartment, which should be more than enough for 2 x 680's/7970's and a 3930K. It will also fit 120mm radiator to the top exhaust if needed.

Ah right i see, Well thanks for that. What your views on the rampage 4 extreme vs Asrock extreme 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

How's about you copy this out and we'll go from there. I can pretty much tell you're going to overspend if you're looking at the Extreme11.

Serephucus wrote: »
    How's about you copy this out and we'll go from there. I can pretty much tell you're going to overspend if you're looking at the Extreme11.

1. What is your budget? NO Budget

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming/ work

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? Doesnt matter

9. When are you purchasing? [ASAP]

Hi Mate

Looking at 2 mobo, rampage 4 extreme vs extreme 11. what do you recon??

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

did you by any chance post here before under a different user name and do you own a very green pc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

did you by any chance post here before under a different user name and do you own a very green pc

I can't believe I didn't notice that...

• Advertisement

In another life I did mate,

Advertisement