Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Korpiklaani @ The Button Factory

Options
  • 26-11-2012 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭

So Korpiklaani have finally decided to grace our shores, and are playing in the Button Factory on February 3rd as part of their Manala Eurpoean Tour. Noice!!

Anyone else going to go?

Anyone know what the Button Factory is like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Might mosey along to this alright. Didn't get to see them the previous time they were here.

The Button Factory is a very good live venue. It's probably my favourite small venue in Dublin. The sound is always good in most areas you might be standing, there's comfy seating along the sides if you get in early and the jacks and smoking area are easily accessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

Oh I'll definitely be going! Haven't been to the button factory yet but I've heard good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Yes! I've been keeping an eye on their tour dates but didn't notice this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Fantastic :D will definitely be going to this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Haven't listened to that much Korpiklaani, but the tickets are fairly cheap, and there's still plenty of time to get into them :D
    I always like a good gig.

As for the Button Factory; it's a pretty good venue. The last time I was there was for Iced Earth, and the sound was pretty good, if not a bit on the loud side. A nice venue though, as it's small enough and very easy to get up close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ThunderZtorm

Button Factory is a great venue for the "minor" gigs - I'm saying minor, but there's actually regularly some great metal gigs there. I've seen Ensiferum, Leave's Eyes, Eluveitie, Firewind and Sabaton there in the past few months, all massive gigs. To be honest, it says a lot about the Irish metal scene that Sabaton and Eluveitie can't pull off a larger venue - in Sweden Sabaton plays stadium concerts..

Korpiklaani is probably the ultimate party-metal band. For anyone who doesn't know them:

They started as a folk music band, but after a couple of albums and decent local success in Finland (as Shaman), they decided to add some metal to their music and became Korpiklaani (the Wilderness Clan).

They are famous for songs about drinking, alcohol, parties and generally having a great time (Not unlike Irish folk music really, is it now?) - some song titles are "beer, beer", "vodka", "tequila" and "happy little boozer".

My personal favorites are Vodka and Happy Little Boozer along with their covers of Juodan Viina and Ievan Polkka ;)

Advertisement