Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middle eastern food shops

Options
  • 26-11-2012 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭

Can anyone direct me to a middle eastern food shop in the Dublin area, preferably northside/ Finglas or Camden St area.
    There is a great Asian shop I go to for ingredients, but it's more of an Indian food shop. There are a few ingredients they don't have (or have heard of, like tahini) that I'd like to stock up on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dunno about those shops, I can say tahini is in almost every health food shop I have been in recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

The Asia Food Market on Mary St in the north city centre or there's a huge middle eastern food market on Moore Street (that, unfortunately, I can't remember the name of)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

The Asian Market on Drury Street stocks lots of goodies, including lots of Middle Eastern spices.

Tahini incidentally can be easily found in most Tescos, Superquinn and health food shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

paulbok wrote: »
    Can anyone direct me to a middle eastern food shop in the Dublin area, preferably northside/ Finglas or Camden St area..

There is an Asian food shop beside Aldi on the St Margarets Rd between the Roundabout on the N2 and Charlestown SC in Finglas, opposite the Manhattan Popcorn factory, and they definitely have tahini paste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

paulbok wrote: »
    Can anyone direct me to a middle eastern food shop in the Dublin area, preferably northside/ Finglas or Camden St area.
    There is a great Asian shop I go to for ingredients, but it's more of an Indian food shop. There are a few ingredients they don't have (or have heard of, like tahini) that I'd like to stock up on.

There's plenty of them on Camden Street and around South Richmond Street.

Or up around Clanbrassil Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

The Asian shop past The Church on Mary st has quite a bit - foul medammes, tahini that kind of thing but you can by tahini in any supermarket these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

A trip to the shop in the Islamic Cultural Centre in Clonskeagh would be worth your while. Its full of middle Eastern ingredients.

http://islamireland.ie/facilities-services/shop.html

Advertisement