Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging Cheque

Options
  • 26-11-2012 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

I'm due a cheque from the revenue within the next few days but Im living in the uk and would rather the money to be in my irish account for christmas.

Is it possible to get someone to lodge the cheque into my own account or how would I go about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Someone can lodge it on your behalf without an issue once you give them the appropriate details.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Ask a friend in Ireland to post you a blank lodgement slip or two for your bank, then you just fill it in and post it direct to your branch along with the cheque to be lodged to your account.

Or send the cheque to a friend back here and ask them to go in and lodge it in which case they will need your account number and branch code.

Technically you don't have to endorse (sign the back of) a cheque when it's being lodged to your own (payee) account though a lot of bank clerks insist that you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Thats great people, thanks for that information. I wasn't too sure if I would have to endorse it and send it off. Sure if the postman opened up the envelope he would have a bit of free cash! Thanks again

Advertisement