Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm quote reasonable

Options
  • 26-11-2012 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi,

Based on a bit of searching, I'm sure you're probably fed up with people asking for alarm quote comments, but I'm hoping you might take a look here too. I've just bought a house, and I'll be living there on my own, so having a decent alarm is pretty important to me. I know an alarm fitter (who is PSA registered, and alll of that) who has said he will give me a good price (and has also encouraged me to shop around to make sure the price is competitive).

The house is a 37 year old semi detached, fairly standard front and back doors, patio doors off the living/dining room, new velux window in the kitchen. There are two windows downstairs (living room, kitchen), and 5 upstairs (three in bedrooms, one on hall at bathroom, one in bathroom). It's not wired for an alarm, so the kit will all be wireless. A kitchen extension has a low room, so the master bedroom window is reasonably accessible.

The spec document seems to indicate that the alarm will be a HKC, with a SW-1070 control panel.

The proposed setup is as follows:
    1 REMOTE HAND HELD PERSONAL ATTACK BUTTON
    2 MAGNETIC REED CONTACT DETECTS OPENING (front and back door)
    4 PIR (front hallway, kitchen, at rear dining room where patio doors open, upstairs hallway)
    3 MAGNETIC REED CONTACT/INERTIA SENSOR DETECTS OPENING/GROSS ATTACK (front sitting room window, master bedroom window, rear patio door)
    1 External warning sounder
    1 internal warning sounder
    1 wireless keyfob for setting, sounding alarm.

(Sorry for the caps, some of this is copy/pasted from the document and I didn't retype it all).

I've looked around online, and having given some basic info, some sites seem to be quoting in the region of 1300 (given my house description), but possibly won't include all of those sensors or would have a different set of sensors. Does 1300 seem reasonable for a system to cover the house, or a system such as the one I've laid out above?

I'd appreciate any input, as I'm (obviously) pretty new to this alarm thing. Having recently lost my dad (earlier this year), I pretty much always feel on the back foot when dealing with house stuff, DIY stuff, etc. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Sounds good . Ask for a dialler with the price . So you are getting 2 key fobs ??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

As always get a few quotes & compare whats available. Also look at the Siemens 4220 there is a thread comparing the 2 here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056676093
    Price-wise there should be very little in it but the Siemens has some nice extra features and options as you can see in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭zenbuffy

Thanks for the advice guys. So you think it sounds like a decent system? I'm going to get some quotes, but as the house has no alarm, I'm eager to get it done right, but soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

You're better off waiting till December and make sure you get all devices with v 3.0 software ..

Advertisement