Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insomnia Moving ?????

Options
  • 26-11-2012 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Just had a stroll through the most recent planning lists at www.wicklow.ie and noticed a company titled as 'Red Coral Catering Ltd' were granted permission for the following:
    "section 254 licence application for 8 no. tables with 16
    no. chairs and 2 no. planters"

This work is at Gweedore on Chruch Road, where 'Backstage @ Bels' was up until recently. Some quick detective work from googling Red Coral Catering shows that they own Insomnia.

My guess is Insomnia are going to close their unit next to 3Q's and utilize the larger floorspace in the Bels unit.

Now I wonder would if 3Q's will get hold of the then vacant Insomnia unit for expansion?

Reference: http://www.wicklow.ie/Apps/WicklowBeta/Planning/Lists2012/Granted%2005.11.2012%20-%2009.11.2012.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Interesting, however your title is misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭darter

3Q's should move into 'Backstage @ Bels' space. I enjoy the food at 3Q's, but the room is boring - it's a box without any appealing features. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭karma_coma

Woops, yes title is is inadvertently misleading! meant to write Insomnia moving to Backstage @ Bels...my bad, is there any way of changing the thread title?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

karma_coma wrote: »
    Woops, yes title is is inadvertently misleading! meant to write Insomnia moving to Backstage @ Bels...my bad, is there any way of changing the thread title?

Go to advanced setting to edit after you click on edit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Just had a stroll through the most recent planning lists at www.wicklow.ie and noticed a company titled as 'Red Coral Catering Ltd' were granted permission for the following:

This work is at Gweedore on Chruch Road, where 'Backstage @ Bels' was up until recently. Some quick detective work from googling Red Coral Catering shows that they own Insomnia.

My guess is Insomnia are going to close their unit next to 3Q's and utilize the larger floorspace in the Bels unit.

Now I wonder would if 3Q's will get hold of the then vacant Insomnia unit for expansion?

Reference: http://www.wicklow.ie/Apps/WicklowBeta/Planning/Lists2012/Granted%2005.11.2012%20-%2009.11.2012.pdf[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info,i would love to see 3Q's expand,love the place but hate especially on a busy night having to fight over 1 toilet..joke
    think i'll go there tomorrow morning for the full breckie as i'm off work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Reference: http://www.wicklow.ie/Apps/WicklowBeta/Planning/Lists2012/Granted%2005.11.2012%20-%2009.11.2012.pdf

From looking at the online drawings of the application it seems to be just an application to put tables with chairs and box planting outside the front of the Insomnia unit where it is at present - nothing to do with the ex-Bels unit. Gweedore is the address of both Insomnia and Three Q's from a quick Google search.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

8 tables isn't very many. There's about 12 in its current location. Larger Spars operate Insomnia chains where you would have a handful of tables. Perhaps a new shop is coming.

Advertisement