Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help

Options
  • 26-11-2012 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

Im now homeless, been trying to get various houses to rent in North Belfast for nearly a year. Each time me and my gf think we are getting somewhere there is some lame reason and it falls through. Landlords are just messing us about. I am starting to think there is a sectarian housing policy going on. Why is it so hard to get a place to stay a roof over your head? Money is no issue either, got money for deposits. but getting messed around and its depressing. Any suggestions?

Viewed plenty but they always make an excuse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Widen your search area perhaps?

If it was me I would be more inclined to deal with an agency rather than landlords directly. If you have the money and the ability to move in straight away then I dont see why you would have much of an issue finding somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

djimi wrote: »
    Widen your search area perhaps?

If it was me I would be more inclined to deal with an agency rather than landlords directly. If you have the money and the ability to move in straight away then I dont see why you would have much of an issue finding somewhere.

It is a mixture of letting agencies and landlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Did they give you any indication as to why they are not letting to you?

djimi wrote: »
    Did they give you any indication as to why they are not letting to you?

Last one was we never recieved the application, when it was done in person. Money for deposit was discussed. and paid via bank. next thing the money gets sent back and they say they haven't recieved an application and couldn't be any more unhelpful. its a joke really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

When you say application, so you mean for Housing Benefit?

Some Landlords just don't want tenants on Housing Benefit, or RA down here.

• Advertisement

When you say application, so you mean for Housing Benefit?

Some Landlords just don't want tenants on Housing Benefit, or RA down here.

Just to move in, nothing to do with any benefit. Just an application to move in. These people would rather see their property lie empty and i dunno why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Just to move in, nothing to do with any benefit. Just an application to move in. These people would rather see their property lie empty and i dunno why.
    I see, I don't know either, we don't have applications here, what information so you provide on it, is it references, details of work, previous landlords etc.? Could someone be giving you a less than glowing reference?

Advertisement