Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

muscle building

Options
  • 26-11-2012 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hey...
    I go to the gym 4 times a week, each session lasts 1h 30minutes - 1h 45minutes. I have been there for nearly 4 months now. After 2 months i noticed my arms, chest and other muscles gettin bigger. I aslo noticed i lost fat from around my bellly.....NOW,,,, i find all this has come to a halt, my muscles dont seem to be gettin bigger. I bench press 45kg so its not like im liftin too little. im in my mid-teens so maybe its because my muscle havent fully developed yet? Anyone have any advice?
    Thanks smile.png
    progress.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

mayo51 wrote: »
    Hey...
    I go to the gym 4 times a week, each session lasts 1h 30minutes - 1h 45minutes. I have been there for nearly 4 months now. After 2 months i noticed my arms, chest and other muscles gettin bigger. I aslo noticed i lost fat from around my bellly.....NOW,,,, i find all this has come to a halt, my muscles dont seem to be gettin bigger. I bench press 45kg so its not like im liftin too little. im in my mid-teens so maybe its because my muscle havent fully developed yet? Anyone have any advice?
    Thanks smile.png
    progress.gif

I was told when I first started weight training that the gains I want won't really appear till I turned 18 when my muscles are fully developed- which proved to be true. Currently my shoulder are a hole lot bigger and defined than before, that's just my biggest gain. Biceps and triceps are very strong, gains are noticeable but not what you'd think for the weights I can lift.

Are you on any supplements? If not remember to keep your protein intake high.

At your age, I'd be doing the big exercises- Squats, deadlifts, bench press etc.. these are proven to release hormones into the muscles and help development. But with these lifts comes form- key for a young gym goer, injure yourself now and risk suffering from it for life. Learn the proper form- youtube it, usually any experienced person in the gym will be happy to show you if there is no gym instructor on hand.

Good luck and be sure to write back with progress in the coming times.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭mayo51

I was told when I first started weight training that the gains I want won't really appear till I turned 18 when my muscles are fully developed- which proved to be true. Currently my shoulder are a hole lot bigger and defined than before, that's just my biggest gain. Biceps and triceps are very strong, gains are noticeable but not what you'd think for the weights I can lift.

Are you on any supplements? If not remember to keep your protein intake high.

At your age, I'd be doing the big exercises- Squats, deadlifts, bench press etc.. these are proven to release hormones into the muscles and help development. But with these lifts comes form- key for a young gym goer, injure yourself now and risk suffering from it for life. Learn the proper form- youtube it, usually any experienced person in the gym will be happy to show you if there is no gym instructor on hand.

Good luck and be sure to write back with progress in the coming times.
    Cheers :) good information there. Ya i take protein during the gym or sometimes after. I got maximuscle cyclone aswell but i didnt use that yet. Did ya ever use that by the way? So u reckon that no matter how hard i push myself, i still wont see results til im 18

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

mayo51 wrote: »
    Cheers :) good information there. Ya i take protein during the gym or sometimes after. I got maximuscle cyclone aswell but i didnt use that yet. Did ya ever use that by the way? So u reckon that no matter how hard i push myself, i still wont see results til im 18

I take the maximuscle products but haven't gone on the cyclone yet. I'm taking ON creatine monohydrate and maximuscle progain. You'll see gains but they won't be anything like what they'll be like when your body has time to just build muscle instead of trying to both build and develop your muscles.

Just don't go nuts on wait and use this time as a teen to build the basis for what you'll be doing when your 18 and up.

Monitor your progress. Log it here even. Do the simple things. Track your weight each week, muscle size and weights your lifting.

A simple thing to do is get a measuring tape and wrap it around your muscles, not tight or too loose, and read the measurement then at the end of the month do it again and see if you have any size difference.

Also, change your programme every 6 weeks or so, so that the body doesn't become dependent on one programme. Variety is the spice of life:D

Eating, I presume your in school, but eating is key to body building. If you look up online dietary programmes you can tailor them to your school days, something like this.

Breakfast; 7am- eat.

Small break; 11am- eat.

Lunch; 1pm- eat.

After school; 4:30pm - eat.

Mid- evening; 7pm- eat.

Five meals, not huge servings. Look up online on what to eat as that's pretty basic. Goes on the basis of little and often.

Also, remember your cardio.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭mayo51

I take the maximuscle products but haven't gone on the cyclone yet. I'm taking ON creatine monohydrate and maximuscle progain. You'll see gains but they won't be anything like what they'll be like when your body has time to just build muscle instead of trying to both build and develop your muscles.

Just don't go nuts on wait and use this time as a teen to build the basis for what you'll be doing when your 18 and up.

Monitor your progress. Log it here even. Do the simple things. Track your weight each week, muscle size and weights your lifting.

A simple thing to do is get a measuring tape and wrap it around your muscles, not tight or too loose, and read the measurement then at the end of the month do it again and see if you have any size difference.

Also, change your programme every 6 weeks or so, so that the body doesn't become dependent on one programme. Variety is the spice of life:D

Eating, I presume your in school, but eating is key to body building. If you look up online dietary programmes you can tailor them to your school days, something like this.

Breakfast; 7am- eat.

Small break; 11am- eat.

Lunch; 1pm- eat.

After school; 4:30pm - eat.

Mid- evening; 7pm- eat.

Five meals, not huge servings. Look up online on what to eat as that's pretty basic. Goes on the basis of little and often.

Also, remember your cardio.
    Cheers :) ur givin me the best info ive got in a while here :cool:.

Advertisement